“Happy Hour Visit”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The Tied House was able to accommodate our group of 15 our on the patio. The weather was a little cloudy but overall good to be outside.

Being outside allowed our large group to be a bit on the loud side and not have to worry about others since we were the first group on the patio.

Happy hour runs from 4-6pm so we focused on pitchers of the house beers and a variety of appetizers. The most popular ones for our group were onion rings (crisp and a filed the plate), calamari, buffalo wings (spicy), chicken and waffles and nachos (a little salty but loaded with chicken, cheese, black beans, guacamole and sour cream). We experimented with the empanadas (small but tasty) and the carnitas poutine (pork was a little dry but there was lots of gravy on the fries).

Service was decent. A little slow on filling our water glasses but eventually it improved.

When we left the parking lot across the street was pretty full with waiting cars looking for stalls. I am not sure if it just for Tied House but most likely shared with other restaurants. He area also gets a bit of traffic during the rush hour so heading down Villa St to Castro was slow. I would assume it may be a little hard to get parking on the weekends.

Overall ok experience. I don’t think you would go wrong by visiting here.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I came with a group of work colleagues (about 10-13) people. The service was ok, the food was good, but the restaurant refused to issue separate checks. Even for parts of the group sitting at separate tables. So, one person had to put it on their credit card and and the rest of us had to either pay in cash or those that did hVe cash had to "borrow" from others in the group. I'm sorry, but with today's tech and the amount of business that Silicon Valley produces ... this is unacceptable. You can do better Tied House. Rest assured , our business will not be returning.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Really nice atmosphere and a really nice location. Good food as well only thing that I did dislike was that the waitress was not really friendly and open towards us and the other quests.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Don't have much memory of the food here but it wasn't bad for sure. I love that they brew beer and I like to get the sampling flights of beer. Pretty good place to see sports, too.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Tied House is a Mountain View Mecca. Place has been around forever (in restaurant years), as has some of the staff. They did micro-brew well before it was "a thing." I'm partial to the salmon fish and chips- but be ready; it's a heavy dish. Nice rotating beer selection.