“Wife's poor choice”

Hangen Szechuan Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 348 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 June 2016

The only positive thing about this restaurant visit is that ice water brought to our table on a regular basis. The appetizer, po po, consisted of two each of five foods: shrimp, chicken skewers, cheese wontons, dainty ribs, and a non descript plain twisted crunchy item. The ribs were definitely from another day as the were beyond chewy- rock hard on the ends. Ditto for the chicken skewers. The wontons held a scant trace of cheese. Hungry and pressed for time I should have sent it back, but I stupidly stayed the course.
My ribs entree had excessive fat and was equally unappetizing. My wife's cashew chicken dish was meh. I would not eat here again for free.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Food was ok but nothing special: slightly better than the usual Asian restaurant but I will not return. Food was without taste.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Its a very clean restaurant and servers are very helpful and good and happy to serve you. Michael delivers and sets up large parties up stairs for weddings etc... He will help you set up a special menu of your choice.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

We were in a hurry so we just went to a place convenient. What a stroke of luck. All of us got different dishes but all of us were very happy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Four of us had dinner there on the weekday recently. The place was not busy. Our food was well-prepared. We especially liked the combination soup, with shrimp, tofu, chicken, and vegetables. The price was reasonable. Service was good. I could go there again for casual dinners with friends. There is a free public parking garage in the back of the restaurant. Be careful, though, as cars have been broken into there in evenings.