All reviewsprivate entranceother guestsin towneach eveninggreat cookgold countryshort walk to downtownb bsold victorianhighly recommend this placea wonderful staythe location is perfectstayed two nightsvictorian christmasbroad streetruthhostess
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Words might not do justice for the treasure that is the Deer Creek Inn. My wife and I spent 2 nights there for our anniversary and it felt like our honeymoon all over again. The Inn is a beautiful historic house built during the booming gold rush area in downtown Nevada City CA. The house and the grounds are in pristine condition. Enjoy the 5 star breakfast every morning from the amazing innkeeper and chef. Every bite of the food brought new squeals of pleasure from my wife. At night we enjoyed the beautiful onsite garden sitting on the banks of the Deer Creek with a glass of wine. The Inn and staff will transport you back in time and you will find yourself wanting to slow down and savor life. We spent the days hiking and the nights at wonderful restaurants and upon arriving back to our room at the Inn we felt as if we were arriving back at our own home. Don't think, just book your get-away at the Deer Creek Inn. You wont be sorry.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
deercreekinn, Manager at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you Tim for the very nice review. All of us here at the inn enjoyed meeting you both. Congratulations on your 19 years of marriage.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We stayed in the Gigi Room for four nights recently and had a wonderful view of the creek from our side patio. Loved that we had a private entrance and didn't need to go up and down stairs a lot. Ruth the owner/manager was very friendly and personable. Leave room for a hearty home-cooked breakfast daily including fresh fruit and baked goods! When I mentioned that Earl Grey decaf was my favorite tea at breakfast, Ruth replenished the supply for the next morning - so nice of her! Beautifully maintained historic home, comfortable areas to sit and read or play cards/games. Very clean, nice bedding and towels, even has bedroom ceiling fan and nicely equipped bathroom. Great location as you can walk into town, to the farmer's market and to good restaurants too.

Room Tip: Gigi room was very private and quiet. Easy to walk down to the seating by the creek.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
deercreekinn, Manager at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you Toby.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Had a 3 night stay in the Deer Creek Inn, using it as a base to visit Lake Tahoe and the area nearby. Ruth was very courteous and helpful and gave us many recommendations for places to visit and restaurants in the town. The Inn is in an excellent location, is spotlessly clean and full of character.
Would definitely this as a great place to stay to see this fascinating part of California.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
deercreekinn, Manager at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. I enjoyed very much meeting you both.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely B&B with great hospitality & wonderful breakfasts! Ruth, the owner, was very friendly & helpful with advice on local restaurants, best places to visit etc- we would definitely recommend a stay here!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
deercreekinn, Manager at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you very much for the review. I really appreciate it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

The Deer Creek Inn is one of the most beautiful Inns I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.
Ruth is an Excellent Host and a Great cook.
Her Breakfast is far beyond what you would expect from an Inn of this type.
The Location is walking distance from the majority of the Downtown shops and restaurants.
There is free parking at the Inn and additional parking across the street.
Highway access is only 1 block away.
The room was perfect .
If I ever get back to Nevada City, I know where I'll be staying.
Thank you Ruth for making my stay an unforgettable one.

Room Tip: All rooms are great , it would be hard to pick
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
deercreekinn, Manager at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hey Robert, thanks so much for the kind review. I enjoyed meeting you and our early morning chats. Take care of your self.