“Fresh sushi”

nana san
Ranked #149 of 524 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Nice fresh sushi. lots of sushi options plus specials listed on the board. I always enjoy their grilled black cod (gindara). Go early to avoid having to wait - sometimes upto 1 hour.
Very friendly staff and attentive.
Lots of parking.
Only downside - dinner entrees are ala carte only. steamed rice is an extra $2 ONLY , however, dinner entrees should include complimentary steamed rice especially when as a single diner, my tab is already running $50+

Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

This a real Japanese restaurant owned with great diversity of fresh sushis. Nice staff and skilled sushi chefs. But the trouble is that is small and they don t take reservation, so expect to wait 40minutes wait for dinner.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

I heard about this place from some friends. I had always wanted to try it. I had some of the daily specials. My favorite was the red snapper sashimi with yuzu and sea salt. The restaurant is in a strip mall, by the 73 freeway. Service was great and I liked the atmosphere. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

We tried to go to Nana San Sushi a couple of times but they were closed for President's Day and then a private event. Finally, Thursday night after about a 35 minute wait we were able to get a table for 3. I took my teenage boys there for dinner and they had the Tiger Roll, Spicy Tuna and Spicy Salmon rolls. We started with Miso Soup and the Tempura Mixed Vegetable with Shrimp and everything was really good! The hostess and our waitress were both very nice and very accommodating. The boys enjoyed their sushi and we can't wait to go back. I like the fact that even though it's small it's not loud like most sushi restaurants, the sushi chefs are busy making the sushi and don't yell out every single time someone comes in or out of the door..We did have a group behind us that cackled really loud only once but other than that it was pretty calm. I would like to see an updated menu and maybe some more specialty items on the menu but like I said it was our first time so I'm sure there are some hidden gems I haven't discovered here yet.

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Sashimi platter was modestly fresh. Sushi rolls were hit or miss. But the place was bustling and the wait staff were friendly and professional. Had a good miso soup.