“Sushi by the beach”

Sakae Sushi
Ranked #165 of 527 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Small place, limited seating. Went with my 6 year old as he loves sushi as much as I do and we were not disappointed. They even have an all you can eat option.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Went with a small group and the place was crowded. Staff was all very friendly and the prices are reasonable considering where you are. The server was super friendly but when there busy you fell it.

I'll certainly go back!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

My fiancee and I were at a restaurant down the street for happy hour and we mentioned to our server that we wanted sushi. As a local he abided by Sakae and recommended some rolls for us to try. We happily tried his suggestions and ordered take out so we could eat at our hotel.

Our order took ~35-40 minutes to be prepared so we walked around and took another trip to Balboa Pier. We picked up our food and headed back to our hotel. Well the wait was worth it because the quality was excellent! One of the few times where I knew I was full but wanted to binge eat.

When I was new to sushi I frequently tried all-you-can-eat joints. However, I drifted away to more a-la-carte joints as I found better quality for similar prices. The quality and taste at Sakae on our take out order was exceptional and we were left craving more sushi the following day.

Take a chance and stop by this place if you are in the mood for sushi!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

For all you can eat, you cannot beat this place! My family always leaves happy and full! I let them give me any artistic dishes and I am always happy! Some people need to trust their chefs to get good stuff but most are creatures of habit and order the same thing every time. They have great options like Asian salads ( my wife loves this) and the fish is ALWAYS #1 quality. Never have I had bad sushi or anything I didn't like and I have been around the world and have found bad meal , bad service , and bad cooking a lot but that's for OTHER reviews ( like being served FROZEN prime rib at Chart House ( Newport Beach) -> UNBELIEVABLE and THEY were rude after serving that horror!( threw the money I paid in my face after I PAID to complain and left the food there!)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

the quality of food was so bad. picture a plate of food lying in the sun all day at the picnic park. the table was sticky and they kept using the same cloth to wipe the tables without washing it. they were short of staff so expect long wait. the dining area was tight fit .if you are obese,you will not fit this place. it so obvious this place need restaurant 101 training.i prefer big lettering but trip advisor won't let me. reading small lettering is bad for your eyes . just look at doctors,lawyers,writers,and teachers who wear eyeglass