“Underwhelmed ”
Review of Agave Uptown

Agave Uptown
Reserve with OpenTable
Agave Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,363 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I had lunch on a Wednesday here with friends. Service was slow. It took awhile to get seated and to order. I ordered a drink, one friend ordered a beer and they came quickly. Our entrees came within a reasonable time. I had the chicken mole. The chicken portion was small for the price. It was dry and bony. The mole was mediocre. This is not a place if you don’t have a lot of time. I will not be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Agave Uptown has an upscale feel. A nice bar and multiple rooms with tables. I was by myself which may account for the less than stellar attention I got from my waiter. He was busy with other tables. That was my only disappointment. The food was superb. I will definitely give this place another try.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place, excellent service, very delicious food taste, I ordered mole with chicken and I love it, 2 side rice and beans. By the way...I love the flan.

1  Thank Lupitaurquiza
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stopped in for lunch and had a very good experience. The restaurant is very open and bright, very clean. The menu options were decent - not pages and pages of dishes. All 3 diners in our party commented on how fresh everything tasted. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Agave has the feel of an upscale chain restaurant and if I was in the midwest and never had authentic Mexican food I'd probably think this was great. But here in California, where there are so many wonderful options, I would not recommend it. It wasn't like the food was bad, it was just ordinary. I prefer the taqueria across the street.