“Exceptional & Unique”
Review of A Cote

A Cote
Reserve with OpenTable
A Cote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,354 Restaurants in Oakland
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lawton
Transit: Rockridge Bart station 3 blocks north of the restaurant
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I must convey that our experience at A Cote was exceptional from top to bottom. The cuisine is unique, the tapas style dishes are delectable and the wine selection is impressive on its own.

To be frank, I expected to be impressed by A Cote considering the restaurant is Michelin rated. However, what really stood out to me as a Professional Hotelier and a top Trip Advisor Contributor, was our server Chris. He was genuinely invested in creating a cherishable moment for my partners' birthday and I am very appreciative of his superb customer service. I am purposely mentioning him by name because he deserves my genuine gratitude and appreciation. He certainly deserves to be recognized by A Cote's executive management. Exceptional service often goes unmentioned and unappreciated in modern day culture and as a hospitality professional I feel it is prudent to acknowledge my fellow hospitality comrades.

Last but not least, I want to personally thank the General Manager for taking the time to come over to our table to wish us a Happy Birthday and offering my Husband and I a unique digestif to conclude our dinner.

In conclusion, A Cote is a superb establishment and deserves continued momentum front the public to further establish itself as a unique dining experience in Oakland and The Bay Area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Imagine that reading reviews gave you a true taste of a place? No? You will have to try A Côte yourself to decide what you think. The service was attentive ( thank you to our server Xtina ). And, the host stopped by a couple of times to check in with us, too.

There was a thorough explanation that the menu is tapas style . . . And that would be partly accurate. The spinach salad was small. The dolmas plate was small. But, the swordfish and the pasta dish were ample . . One could share if one chose to.

The food did did come from the kitchen "as ready." But we would bet the arrival is predictable. . .apps first; mains second.

And, we did have the experience of a "server" trying to remove plates too quickly ( and a bit snippish, too ). All in all, tasty food; nice service; and, the menu has an interesting variety.

The small back patio is a nice place to sit!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The restaurant is a bit on the dark side, it was warm and cosy. We had the steak, calamari, risotto and clam and some definitely good wine. The service was quick and efficient. I advise to come between 6pm-7pm for dinner otherwise the place would be full.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My fiance and I decided to try this place out. We made a reservation for 6, they open at 5:30. We were able to be seated shortly after arriving at 5:45. The server was attentive and offered us water and time to look over the menus. They have seasonal offerings, but we had the lamb shank with orzo and vegetables and the flat iron steak with cauliflower-potato mash and grilled asparagus. My dish initially came with turnips, but I requested the asparagus instead and they said no problem. The flat iron was tender and juicy, the cauliflower-potato mash was perfect! and the asparagus was seasoned and grilled well. The lamb shank was flavorful and tender. For dessert, we had the Meyer lemon pudding cake and the Coupe A Cote chocolate ice cream and caramel dish. Each were rich and flavorful! The pricing was on par for the food and service. If we are in the area again we would come back.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Nice local spot with tapas style food. Good family style place with a very eclectic wine list. Most wines from Europe and eastern European countries. Very few CA wines. Nice thing about it is if you don't like something you can order another dish. Dishes change with seasons, however, a few staples, mussels, pommes frites, and croque monsieur. The flat iron steak was tender and fantastic as was the crimini flatbread.

Been to A Cote? Share your experiences!