“Approved by a French person!”
Review of A Cote

A Cote
Reserve with OpenTable
A Cote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,333 Restaurants in Oakland
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lawton
Transit: Rockridge Bart station 3 blocks north of the restaurant
Reviewed 12 November 2017

A nice and cozy place inspired by French cuisine, everything was delicious from the beginning to the end. I'm French and I can tell you that it respects French food. I went there with my boyfriend who's American and he loved it too. We had the duck rillettes and that was very good, true rillette and very good quality (because cheap ones are too fatty). Then we ordered the rigatoni and the smoked & grilled pork loin: best piece of meat I've ever had, super tender, tasty sauce, AWESOME! Then we had the raspberry profiteroles, also very good and the cream was light, which is not always the case with this dessert, so perfect to end this dinner.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Menu had variety in booth entrees and size of portions which made it easy to find a nice selection for us to share over dinner. Service staff where welcoming and attentive and so dinner was a nice even flow of three courses over a 90 minute period. Extensive cocktail, beer and wine selections to choose from too. The mussels were a nice dish to share at the start.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We enjoyed sitting in the garden recently on a pleasant fall night. The menu offered many interesting and well-prepared items. We especially enjoyed the tuna crostini appetizer, flat iron steak and rigatoni entrees, and their signature chocolate concoction. A fromage plate was also a nice end to the meal. This is a nice neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We sat outside in the back of the restaurant on a warm summer night but it was quite pleasant and indeed the food was excellent. The nicest surprise was the reasonable priced items on the wine list with some of the finer pinot noirs from California under $10/glass. Without hesitation, the mussels were the highlight of the items we ate and a second order was necessary to satisfy all the taste buds. There was also a nice Sav Blanc to go with the mussels so the wines helped make the evening even more enjoyable. The tables and facilities are rather disjointed and it can be a distraction instead of quaint attribute so it is helpful to check the comfort of chairs and tables before accepting the seating. This is not so easy when the popularity of A Cote means that you must sacrifice a bit on busy nights. It is still worth it to make the effort! I highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I must convey that our experience at A Cote was exceptional from top to bottom. The cuisine is unique, the tapas style dishes are delectable and the wine selection is impressive on its own.

To be frank, I expected to be impressed by A Cote considering the restaurant is Michelin rated. However, what really stood out to me as a Professional Hotelier and a top Trip Advisor Contributor, was our server Chris. He was genuinely invested in creating a cherishable moment for my partners' birthday and I am very appreciative of his superb customer service. I am purposely mentioning him by name because he deserves my genuine gratitude and appreciation. He certainly deserves to be recognized by A Cote's executive management. Exceptional service often goes unmentioned and unappreciated in modern day culture and as a hospitality professional I feel it is prudent to acknowledge my fellow hospitality comrades.

Last but not least, I want to personally thank the General Manager for taking the time to come over to our table to wish us a Happy Birthday and offering my Husband and I a unique digestif to conclude our dinner.

In conclusion, A Cote is a superb establishment and deserves continued momentum front the public to further establish itself as a unique dining experience in Oakland and The Bay Area.