“Pho and PHO”

Pho Ao Sen
Ranked #184 of 1,355 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Usually go here for our "pho Fridays"... good soup and good cuts of beef. Some days when they are super busy, the quality isn't as great but I forgive them every time. Service can be so - so, they don't speak much English but that's when you know it is legit, right ?
I usually ask for "no oil" in my soup and cooked bean sprouts, just a little tip. Their chicken wings and spring rolls are good too!
There's an upstairs too, for private parties or when they are THAT busy.
There's a parking lot right next to the restaurant, but there's also one more across the street!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant really makes authentic Vietnamese food, their pho is fantastic; I recommend ordering a house special. Their rice plate is also amazing, they make broken rice which is hard to find in restaurants because it is expensive. Also, there are Vietnamese drinks that are interested (I forgot what they are called). And by the way most of the waiters speak only Vietnamese and their English is limited so you might want to be a little patient.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We ate here one night as we were staying in a nearby hotel. I ordered an extra large Pho #1 beef soup and it was excellent. Prices are reasonable and great customer service. Spring rolls were delicious as well.

Secure parking area for customers. I recommend this restaurant when visiting Oakland, California.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

It was rather expensive and was basic Vietnamese food. I would say I wouldn't go here again.

Maybe I'm just expecting more than I should for the pho. I ordered the Pho Ga and my husband ordered a traditional cold beef noodle dish. The broth for my Pho was really kinda bland for what I was used to. Because my husband didn't say anything ... There wasn't anything special about his dish.

It's good but, not that good.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Good broth. Clean tables. Fast and friendly service. Delicious fresh spring rolls. Chicken phô was perfect for someone who has a hangover. Next time I'll get their Bun Bo Hue.

Don't get intimidated by the long line outside the restaurant. When they say 15-20 minutes, put your name down, take a slow-paced walk around a block or two or check out the markets nearby, then come back and voilà! Your name gets called and your table's ready. At least for two.