“Authentic noodle house”

Thanh Ky Restaurant
Ranked #406 of 1,313 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I came here one morning at 8am for breakfast with family. This place was bustling with locals getting their morning noodle fix before they face the day ahead. Decor is pretty non-existent; it is your neighborhood functional noodle house.

We ordered the duck leg, sate noodle (whoa, very spicy), house special and had Vietnamese coffee. Noodle soups were generously loaded with toppings. Servers were attentive and accommodating.

Reviewed 24 September 2014

Location: On the Main Street at the corner. It's hard to find street parking since the area is always packed good luck!

Customer Service: These places you don't come for the customer service lol don't get too offended if you're not treated like the king of the earth lol. It's quick GOOD food.

Decor: Not much.

Presentation of Food: -

How did the food taste?: House Ho Fun, NO KIDNEY, soup on the side, EXTRA pork skin. lol. I would say just as good as VH but what completely sets them apart is that fried pork skin they put on top of the dish! YUM!!!!! It just adds that kick to the whole thing. Writing about the noodles is making me hungry as we speak! Anyways I have yet to try their famous fried chicken everybody else gets along with their noodles. Also I've heard their other dishes are just as good. But for me I go here for that house hofun!!! yum!

Overall Experience: I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Would I Come Back?: yes!!