“Good food and price; service unfriendly ”

Pho Hoa Lao Restaurant
Ranked #737 of 1,363 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Located in the more ghetto and Asian part of Oakland, this Pho restaurant serves excellent Vietnamese food at good affordable pricing.

Tables and floors were clean. The place open, bright, and airy. It was your typical place and I would definitely go back again without question.

The only aspect I'd like to comment on is the individual who took our order. He strutted around like a peacock seemingly above everyone, a short temper with patrons who asked basic questions, and extremely impatient. I have a feeling he is part of the ownership of the restaurant. But, his energy was negative not just towards me but I also observed towards other tables as well. Just not caring or understanding.

He's either an albino Asian or has some sort of skin condition.

This place would have received 5/5, but the server cost them the perfect score. If you can avoid this person (see pic!), then do so and you'll enjoy your meal and experience a lot better.