“Excellent food, atmosphere, and service! ”

Tamarindo Antojeria Mexicana
Ranked #69 of 1,333 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

We were thrilled to get such authentic Mexican food. It was a wonderful experience to try different tapas. The ambient is clean, classy, and perfect. Service is friendly and wonderful! Our favorite place in Oakland!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

This is a really fun, really cool place, with realllllly good food. One of those places you walk into and congratulate yourself on being there because you know you're going to enjoy it. We ordered and demolished just about every thing on the menu - they're not huge portions, being "small plates" after all, but we just couldn't stop. Favorites included the huaraches, empanadas, and tamales, but I feel pretty confident saying you can't go wrong on any of it. Wash it all down with a Margarita de Tamarindo - why not, there's tamarind in just about everything - and get ready to waddle home.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

I ate at this restaurant before the Purity Ring concert on 6/20. I ordered the Mulitas: it was a little pricey for my taste, but it was worth it! The steak was tender and the veggies were HELLA fresh! I am also Extremely impressed that they serve LA Cetto wine, for it's not common to find at restaurants and they are excellent wines I am so going back!

Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was excellent. But it was pricey and the bill was high. I would recommend to ask for an itemized bill if you book for a large party. I had a few margaritas and didn't think to ask for the detailed bill. Plus I felt as though we got pushed out once we stopped eating and we're wrapping up. It was fun but I'm not sure I would book there again for a 15+ party.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

I had ceviche, tacos (both the fish and the camarón ones) and sangria.
All the food and the sangria were great, and the place aha a very nice vibe - music, decor, tables, everything!