1,016 results
All reviews salmon water view front desk mashed potatoes jack london square san francisco shuttle service steak dinner coast guard island water front free breakfast waterfront view free shuttle oakland airport pool and hot tub nice breakfast bart station
Reviewed 29 July 2017

There are some definite pros and cons to this hotel. First, the pros. It is nicely situated on the Embarcadero waterfront and, for an upgrade fee, you can have a water view. The decor is lovely, and the rooms are spacious. The airport shuttle is a convenient service. The cons, however, outweigh the pros. First, when you enter the hotel the lobby is under construction so was a mess when we were there. I was put into a room for people with disabilities (I didn't ask for this) so the shower had no door. The traffic noise was loud and kept me up most of the night. The TV in the gym didn't work, and there was no water there. And after working out in the gym I had no hot water in my shower!! When I complained to the front desk they offered to move me to a new room, on the view side of the hotel but never once apologized for the lack of hot water. When I went to enter my new room at the end of the day the key didn't work - I had been given the wrong room. Finally, after dealing with the third front desk clerk (still no apology) I got to my new room. It was a very nice room, although the noise at the pool well past 2:00 a.m. was still a bit of a problem.

Room Tip: pay extra to be on the view side, but ask to be away from the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Sylvia B
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Sylvia,

We apologize for our renovations, so we hope you'll be able to return to experience all the work we've done. Also, the no-hot water is a very unusual comment except that we did have to turn off the water in order to add to our plumbing, but we thought we had warned everyone. It was back on in a hour or so, and we hope you were able to shower then.

Give us another try and I think you'll see things in a positive light.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed in room 163 which was near the exit so easy to take our luggage in. Quiet eventhough next to a freeway. Lovely spacious bathroom, very clean and comfortable beds. Coffee making facilities and toiletries. Breakfast was good, every morning something different as well as toast, cereals, juice, fresh fruit, pastries. Shuttle to and from train station and ferry terminal, would recommend booking this night before as gets busy.

1  Thank Sharon B
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Sharon B.

Thank you for the nice review. Also thank you for mentioning how quite the City Side rooms are. While the freeway is out there, we really don't seem to have a noise problem. However, next visit treat yourself to a waterside room and watch the sun set over the waterway. Very beautiful.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Great hotel in price range. I followed the advice and reserved the water front room. It had a small balcony with great view. Not much complain.

Pros: nice walk-in shower! I really love that. Good view, close to highway entrance.

Cons: Walls are thin. I stayed in second floor and can hear upstairs pretty well. So my advice will be to stay on 3rd floor. I also used the bridge to travel back and forth San Francisco. The entrance from San Francisco to Oakland can be very crowded in rush hours. So stay away rush hour and also get an easy pass if you rent a car. Toll line can be very long.

Room Tip: top floor with water view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear SJulie,

It's great that you enjoyed your stay with us. More advice with traveling to SF. Take either the Ferry out of Jack London Square, or BART and save the hassle of driving.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Miguel, Marisa, Jose, Isaac, Faviola, Bexy, Gonzo, Jorge, Howie, and other staff that we didn't remember your name, we just want to express our heartfelt appreciation for the amazing and professional service, genuine care, love, respect and willingness to help you showed us while we stayed with you guys for 5 nights. You made us feel so special, the smile, the genuine care, the amazing service and breakfast even we came late breakfast was there, unbelievable. Even our two young boys compared you guys with other hotels we stayed in the past and said, wow! can we come again here, please :) but that is what we all felt when we left. This hotel deserve to be # 1, because of all the wonderful amenities and the wonderful services and the wonderful employees and manager. May the source of all good deeds the Almighty Lord bless each and all of you, your loved ones and the great work you are doing. The dinner cooked and served by Howie, Jorge, Gonzo was simply unbelievable great food with genuine smile and service. We will definitely will be back for sure. Definitely 100% recommend this place and it deserves to be # 1 hotel in the city, not kidding at all.

Respectfully,
Your friends from Portland, OR :)

Room Tip: Really we were satisfied, we were on the second floor facing the river, beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Desyan,

Thank you for your great review and enthusiasm for our team and hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed yourself and willing to share with everyone else on Tripadvisor.

We hope to see you again soon,

PS. Love your city Portland.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I can fully understand the positive comments from guests which were lucky enough to obtain a waterfront room. If you are not so lucky and get a street view room, you should not have any noise sensitivity whatsoever. The busy interstate makes sure that it feels like sleeping right on the street.

Room Tip: Street view room are a no go for anybody who is noise sensitive
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Cogeswi,

I am sorry to hear that you were bothered by the freeway during your stay. Most of our guests staying on that side either don't have the sensitivity that you do, or allow the air conditioner to cover the sound with white noise. We've been told that our waterside rooms are as peaceful as any resort and that our City view rooms are like any urban hotel.

Next visit let's get you in a waterside room.