“Pho King... Great Restaurant!”
Review of Pho King

Pho King
Ranked #346 of 1,328 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I did have to stop and think when I first saw the sign outside the restaurant. To boldly make the claim that you are Pho King is a rather ambitious claim. I wondered if there was a presentation kitchen where you could watch. Since this was my first time, I did ask the waitress what was popular. I took her suggestion and I did leave with a smile. First timers should keep it simple and start with a small bowl of Pho. (Keep in mind with Pho the taste of the broth is more important than the quantity of the meat)

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Can't beat this little Pho King delight for pho or many other plays specials! Pho comes in three sizes and still no more than 8.50 for huge bowl of steaming hot noodles of our choice with meats or veggies and nice array of basil, sprouts and jalapeños to add plus choice of sauces! So so good! Great combination plates of mixed meats and seafood as well as spring rolls and imperial rolls lightly fried and spicy. It's just a little place but there is parking in their lit as well as smoke street parking. This family-owned and operated gem has been around quite awhile for good reason! Try it!

Reviewed 5 January 2015

This is by far the best and most authentic Pho in the East Bay. If you are looking for ambiance and attractive decor, this is not the place. It's strictly utilitarian. All their effort goes into the food and it shows. Very generous portions for a modest price. The secret is out - go there Saturday morning and it's already full.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

This has become our go-to place for Pho in Oakland. There are so many varieties each with additional beef, chicken or fish ingredients, as well as all kinds of rice noodle dishes. The portions are huge and extremely reasonably priced (Medium, Large and Extra Large for no more than $7.00-$8.00! and extra large is huge! Plenty of greens provided on the side, including bean sprouts, purple basil, jalapeño and lime. Very clean clear broth with excellent addition of spices makes this pho stand out! It's small, family-run and inviting with fast, friendly service. There is a parking lot for customers but street parking is easy too.

Reviewed 10 October 2014

Our friends brought us here after seeing a musical in SF and this is their favorite place for #40 Pho hoac My Quang Chay, Kings' Special Vegetarian Ho Fun and they said it was good but alittle spicy. We also ordered #41, My Quang, Ho Fun Noodle with Pork Rib, Shrimp and Bacon, which was good. I had #21 Bun Thit Nuong, Cha Gio, Grilled Pork and Egg Roll over Vermicelli and it hit the spot. It's alittle hole in the wall and they raved about this place. But I thought it was A-ok! Maybe I ought to try their seafood egg noodle soup next time I am in the neighborhood.