“Excellent Pizza!”
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I ordered a pizza from these guys over the Superbowl and it was fantastic. I especially appreciated their attention to detail as it is very important that I get extra tomato sauce over the pizza and they listened. They also have a friendly wait staff. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We just happened to be passing through and saw they had homemade sticky buns. Each couple shared what I thought was one of the best ever. I returned before leaving to get more. They just had a special taste!

Reviewed 14 February 2016

The Union Hotel Restaurant is a genuine hidden gem. Winding through west Sonoma county, this family owned restaurant, cafe and bar will delight you and your family. Just try not to gorge yourself on their delicious freshly baked bread sticks, while you peruse the menu. Most entrees are served with the house soup and salad, which are fresh and hearty. We love the food and we love the staff, and always go home with tasty left overs.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

When I walk into the Union Hotel, it is like walking into a second home. There is no other restaurant I have ever felt this way about. It is all about tradition. One that started when I was a child.

Life goes on, but the Union Hotel remains. Traditional great food at a great value.

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was established in 1879. It is like the old time Italian restaurants. The food is exactly like my Mom and my Nonna use to cook for our family. We go every January for out birthday dinner. We have the family style rib-eye dinner. Delicious!! They serve bread and salad, then we get a salad and an antipasto plate. Then they bring the minestrone soup. Then they bring a 16 oz grilled rib-eye with roasted root vegetables and potatoes. Yum. Plenty of food to bring home with 2 more meals. They also have pizza, pasta, appetizers, soups salads and too many desserts to name. A full bar also. Occidental is a small scenic town and so beautiful to just walk around and look at the few shops they have. I always look forward to going here. Have always a great meal and love the old time restaurant. If you have time it's worth the trip!!!