“Old school Italian Dining”
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 October 2016

My husband and I come here whenever we are in town. This is a great, casual restaurant. The house salad is wonderful and the bruschetta is my favorite. I get it every time I visit! Now they have coupons for free bruschetta with purchase of an entrée, our waitress gave us one! The portions are HUGE so keep that in mind. Its a good place to share a meal or have a lot of leftovers! Nice, classic family Italian environment and a nice change of pace from some of the stuffy establishments in wine country.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I liked everything we had except my main course of Prwns and pasta which was very bland. I made mistake ordering seafood at an italian style restaurant. I think eggplant or chicken parmesan would have been better. Clam chowder was wonderful.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I have been telling my neighbors for a long time how great the Union Hotel is. We finally had an available evening for the four of us to go. They were not disappointed. As always, we were more than satisfied with the delicious food and had leftovers to bring home.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

What can I say. Everything is good here. When you walk in your greeted with smiling people. The service is great. Drinks and food absolutely delicious. The bakery is fantastic as well. My favorite place to stop in occidental. Thank you Barbara and Kristin our waitress. Gonna love the leftovers☘

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

As a child, I ate here several times while on family vacations some 50 years ago. Eating here again brought back memories and created some new ones. Portions are huge, entrees come with minestrone soup, antipasto, and salad. All were tasty. The outdoor courtyard and grape arbor with real grapes was a nice upgrade. All in all a delightful dinner and not far from the Russian River area.