“Some of the best Mexican food we have ever had”
Review of Old Juan's Cantina

Old Juan's Cantina
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Oceano
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We will definitely be back if we are in the area. I want to figure out how to make the caramelized avocado appetizer at home. OMG!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The portions here are pretty big so you definitely get your money's worth! My picture is the "small" plate size for the tostada and it was definitely not small! This is what I couldn't finish ;) (the whole plate was overflowing when I got it! They have gluten free options which was a big win for me! We all enjoyed our meals! The atmosphere here is really nice too!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We went to dinner with another couple and really enjoyed it! The service was great, the food was quite good, the margaritas were fantastic and the ambiance was interesting. I would go back next time we are there!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Old Juan's has great Mexican food. Generous portions and good choices for kids. Chips and salsa isn't the best I've had, but the entrees were fantastic.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I give 5 stars not because Old Juans is the finest cantina ala Red Onion or El Torito; although the food is excellent, but because I've eaten here fourteen years and it's been consistent. Each and every time I get their most excellent Carnitas it is consistently delicious.

The staff is really quick and even when the place is full. The bar pours an honest cocktail, homemade chips and salsa and tons of cold Mexican Cerveza.