“One of our faves”

North Coast Village
Reviewed 20 November 2016

We meet the in-laws here every year for a week. We've never stayed in the same condo twice, but I think that will change this year. We decided to stay in the smaller section across the little street near the sand. The people watching from our balcony was top notch! There is some crazy stuff happening around there-youtube worthy!! It was a close walk to the surf and we love being able to grab a bike or razor scooter to head over to Stone. The residents of the condo village are always so nice even though we are vacation renters-I think if you treat them respectfully and remember that is their full time home, they are more than accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: We selected a top floor condo on The Strand. The bedrooms facing the Strand can get very loud at nig...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah M

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Visited October 2016. The Upside - I must say I love the style of this unit, it has really cute decor. Free Wi-Fi. I also love that both of the two bedrooms have their own bathroom. The location was really nice. We had a view of the Coy pond and green area and it was quiet at night. It's just a short walk to the pool and hot tub. It's also super close to the parking spot in the garage. Beds were comfortable and it is very well stocked. We also left some things in the condo, the company was great about having it shipped back to us. The Downside - It was well stocked but to the extreme. I had to rearrange everything just to find a place to put some food in the cabinets. While it looked clean when we walked in it was not really. When I sat on the loveseat it was covered in sand. When I lifted the cushion there were candy wrappers and stuff. Later I dropped my earring down the inside, when I went to retrieve it I pulled up a handful of food and yuck! After unpacking, I happened to notice that my bare feet were black. After inspection, I found food and dust-covered areas under the furniture. The floors were filthy! I mopped them myself. The fan in the master was gross and dirty and the 2nd bedroom window was locked, had no screen on the ground level, so you couldn't open it. It made that room very musty. Probably the most inconvenient thing was that the two electrical plugs near the sink did not work. We were forced to move the coffee maker to the bar area. Overall - Would I stay here again? I would if it was cleaned well, but I would have to be assured of it.

Room Tip: NCV has various prices for condos on various sites. It's worth checking around. Avoid the back s...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank roblorog
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Every morning waking up to a beach view and every night wine on the veranda watching the waves come in.
The grounds were better maintained than going to Balboa Park! The pool was clean and heated and was a fun place to go hang out with the grandkids.
The only reason I wouldn't give this a 5 star rating was that we had an ant problem in the kitchen.

Room Tip: We stayed in D4 with a view to the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank WestMeadowGardens
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Yes this condo is a little pricier than others at NCV but we all felt it was well worth it. Bill was so helpful and friendly during the booking procedure and check in was easy. We wound our way through the lovely gardens to the apartment and found it to be spacious and well appointed. The bedroom has a huge bed and is very quiet being on the garden side. Our 16 year old son slept on the murphy bed which was a little creaky but well placed pillow sorted that. The kitchen had everything you could want for and there was plenty of storage. It was like Bill had thought of everything.

The best thing is the balcony. The panoramic view sweeps from the right with the I5 in the distance (no noise), followed by a train line (interesting to watch the huge trains go by), to the pretty New England style harbour, to the beach and ocean beyond. It is the perfect angle to sit and watch the sunset. The pictures really do not do it justice.

The location cannot be faulted. You can walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. You only need the car for grocery shopping.

We took a chance booking here as we had never heard of Oceanside or North Coast Village condos but are so glad we did.

Thanks Bill for a great week.

The Burtons, England
(Booked through VRBO)
Unit G28

Room Tip: Go for a sea view condo if you can. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We always stay at the North Coast Village when we go to Oceanside. The proximity to the waves and the views of the ocean are unbeatable. The complex has a nice, big, and heated pool. The landscaping is lush and topical, so it even fun just to wander around the complex and look at all the plants and animals. We love to stay in the condos that are on the west side, right on the water. Get a unit on the 2nd floor for the best views. The units are individually owned and rented out by various companies. We have had great experience with On-The-Sand Beach Vacation Rentals.

Stayed: April 2016
4  Thank Christi J
NCManager, Manager at North Coast Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thanks Christi for your kind words about the complex it is good to hear that others love it as much as we do! We appreciate you taking the time to review and mention on-the-sand.com as one of the managers in the complex. We hope to have you back again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oceanside
0.4 km away
5.9 km away
Ocean Palms Beach Resort
0.8 km away
Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego

Been to North Coast Village? Share your experiences!