“When I go there, I get the chicken tacos, because their burgers are so huge!!”
Review of Ty's Burger House

Ty's Burger House
Ranked #1 of 11 Quick Bites in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ty's Burger House is a locally owned family business. We strive in bring a delicious taste to downtown Oceanside. Come try one of our delicious burgers or salads. Each in out clean dining room or take advantage of our outdoor patio. Either way, you are going to find that Ty's Burgher House has something for everyone and they definitely know burgers.
Reviewed 11 November 2018

Nice service. Open air and a really cute back patio. For a single diner, you
can sit at the window and check out the scene on Mission Ave.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Great, like I have come to expect. Good burger and great service. Don’ take my “4” to mean that something was lacking. I just reserve that “5” for something truly special.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Looking for a great burger? Then this is your place. Looking for a "specialty" burger --- I'm talking Elk, Venison, Alligator, Bison, Kangaroo, Wild Boar --- then this is REALLY your place! Located on Mission Avenue just a few short blocks from the beach, this is a fairly small but really comfortable "burger" place. As you enter they have a board listing all of their special burgers; they also have a full menu offering of 'regular' burgers, salads, etc. You order at the counter, then grab a seat at one of the inside tables, at the counter facing the street or the grill area, at the really cute outdoor area out in back, or at the two tables outside in front - where you have a great view of the ocean. They have a small selection of draft beers ($2 PBR was our favorite!) as well as a soft drink machine. One small but clean restroom in the rear, across from a couple of arcade type games (which they could really do without, in my opinion). We've been there twice now and have had the Bison, Elk, Venison & Boar --- all really tasty and come with a good serving of fries or a salad. The first time we were there the fries were awesome; the second time, not so much. Not sure if that was because we were there about an hour before closing on a Sunday night? Anyway --- give Ty's Burger House a try. Would love to see them succeed; good food at good prices in a comfortable environment --- great combination!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Jalapeño burger was fired and if you get any 1/2 lb burger be sure to ask for it cut in half so doesn't fall apart on you while eating also the basket of fries is enough for two.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and grandson with his friend had just checked into our room at the Worldmark Resort and it was getting late to eat. I noticed that Ty’s Burger House was rated #2 in Oceanside California and it was closing at 8:00 pm which gave us an hour to arrive and eat. We have been to Oceanside numerous times so we knew about many places to eat locally.

Anyway, the four of us agreed that each of our different burgers were about the best that we have had in a long time. None of us tried the wild game meats like wild boar, elk, venison, or buffalo, but maybe next time. Our grandson’s friend ordered a Bacon Mac and Cheese burger that he loved.

Everyone in this small place were very nice to us and even gave us a military discount because I am retired Army. The patio in the back looked inviting and dog friendly so I read. Jack, our small dog, will like to know about this patio when we return one day. This was a very nice spot to eat.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Ty's Burger House? Share your experiences!