“Cheap and cheerful (in carpark right next to Oceanside Travelodge)”

China Star Super Buffet
Ranked #151 of 409 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I was here three years before in 2014. Management had changed in the meanwhile, and I am told it is a better place than before. From my distant memory of last time, I agree with that observation. Lots of variety. Now, a Chinese buffet anywhere will always be evaluated on the basis of its food and cost. Quite obviously, you cannot have an absolute first class meal for $10 (it was a little more from memory for lunch), but you look for value for money. Whilst not spectacular, I found the food quite good and filling, hot and reasonable and plentiful, hence the "Very Good" rating. What else do you want for a buffet? Furthermore, there was very good service given by the lovely waitress who was at pains to help me with soft drinks etc and generally. If you are looking for cheap and cheerful, here it is!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

This Chinese buffet was about $13 per adult for dinner and $1 per year for kids up to 11. There was a good variety of food and it tasted good. We had several families come in together and had some misunderstanding on our part, but they were great about helping us get everything settled. They charge an extra 8% service charge for groups of more than 6 which we were told goes to the waitstaff.

After a long day at Legoland, this was a great place to recharge and fill the kids up with a wide variety of food. We would definitely visit again if in the area.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Located right off the 5 freeway in an old Denny's. Food was tasteless and tipid. Large selection of items, but, in my opinion, not worth the effort

Reviewed 17 August 2016

If it's, Chinese they have it. I especially liked the way the chef repeatedly came out to tend the trays. We started out with a huge shrimp salad, with loads of green olives, then followed with a chicken, beef, pork and seafood main course, with egg rolls, and barely had room left for ice cream and cake.. We also appreciate the senior discount. There is a good ocean view, except at sunset, when they have to close the blinds.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Going to Chinese buffets is really hit-and-miss. This one is reasonably priced and has a good selection of items for the dinner buffet.

2  Thank Otto K