“Tasty food. Well-decorated. Medium-sized portions.”
Review of Hakane Sushi

Hakane Sushi
Ranked #26 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Nothing too notable about Hakane, but nice for a fairly quick sushi meal. Lots of menu items, and slightly over-priced but probably on par with Ojai prices. Decorations inside are interesting and campy. I ordered the salmon and tempura dinner which was a very large portion, but sushi rolls probably require more than one for a satisfying dinner.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I visited with a group of 6 and we were seated at a table with a draft. When my friend noticed, we were quickly placed at a more quiet and warm table. The waitress had already taken our order, and it arrived quickly with correct placement. My friends had suchi, which was reported as excellent, and I had the Beef Rib dinner with salad, miso soup and rice. The Ribs were the best I have had in the area, the salad had a delicious dressing, and the soup just hit the spot. The rice was as expected, white, fluffy, and hot. I have been back for the ribs twice more and am always pleased. We had separate checks, which was no problem for the waiters.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Service great, sushi terrific. Some reviews have quibbled over service and I want to State it was attentive but not overbearing. I had the sushi dinner “a” that had miso soup, salad, and a large platter of sushi. The crispy roll was outstanding. The others were tasty provided a variety of sushi.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We have been to Hakane several times, sometimes as a couple, and sometimes with our extended family (party size about 10-12).
It is relatively small, and fills up quickly on weekends and during special events in Ojai. The food can be a bit slow during busy times, but hey--sushi has to be made to order. The selections are quite good... my favorite roll is the Lemon Flush. As with too many sushi places these days, there are too many rolls with "spicy" fish ingredients. I want to taste fish, not sri racha. But, of course you can ask to have it be made without the hot sauce.
The patio can be a nice break from the noise inside when it is crowded.
The ambiance is interesting, both inside and out. . .
Give it a try.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Sushi sampler, garlic edamame, beef teriyaki with assorted veggie tempura : all disappointingly underwhelming. Haphazardly spiced, AND short staffed this particular night.

Been to Hakane Sushi? Share your experiences!