“Best sushi”

Koisan Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #112 of 504 Restaurants in Orange
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Koisan Sushi Bar has reopened and the new owners have added a flare to the traditional Japanese restaurant. Enjoy our chef’s own inspired specials at the sushi bar, in a cozy booth, or our room for private parties. Come by and experience the unique ambiance, special sushi creations, and our very own secret sauce.\Hours:Tues-Fri 11:30-2:00 PMTues-Sat 5:30-9:30 PM
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My boyfriends family has been coming for over 30 years and they have totally converted me to this place. Great food and service!

1  Thank Jennifer765

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Visiting from Canada and decided to try this place. I hope this is not the best Japanese restaurant that this area has to offer. The food was fair at best and quite expensive for what you get. The interior seemed like something from 30 years ago and certainly the seats we were sitting in were at least that old. The hostess was nice but the waitress was very rude. I got the feeling she felt she was too good to be working there ... probably a celebrity wannabe. Not a place I would recommend to anyone nor go back to.

1  Thank Satviewer2000
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I recently had dinner there with an eclectic group that included asians. What makes this place distinctive in not just the quality of the food (freshness, flavor, presentation) but the many creative expressions based on japanese cuisine that you can't get anywhere else. Of course, the menu contains traditional favorites but only at Koisan can you get the lettuce wrapped salmon with jalapeño and spicy sauce noriuega roll and be sure to have the special salmon. The most amazing treat was a deep fried battered butterfly shrimp with a quail egg in the middle with special sauce. Give it a try--you won't find it anywhere else.

1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Good News, Koi-San is Open again!!!! The new Owners are excited to announce the reopening of a popular Japanese Restaurant in the City of Orange, both the Sushi Chef and the Kitchen Chef have returned and the Inside has been cleaned up and looks fantastic, The food was Fresh and the servers delightful, I highly recommend coming and trying the "special rolls" that they have to offer and dont be afraid to engage with the new owners, Such Nice people they want you to feel at home.

2  Thank ca1Robert
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is really the best Japanese restaurant that I have ever encountered. I eat sushi everytime that I am in CA and all over the country, but this is THE best. I went for lunch and the sales rep who I was working with (a local Orange,CA gal who has a hubby that frequents Koisan) got us reservations on a Wednesday at 1140am ad they were opening at the sushi bar with Sam. The lettuce rolls are terrific and unusual and the fish variety good and fresh. What a hidden jewel!

2  Thank JoInTexas