US$65
US$109
TripAdvisor
Pacific Motel(Gridley)
US$77
All reviewsgold country casinojacuzzi tubcigarette smokehuge bathroomdouble sinkswalk in showersitting areain town visiting familyno pressurebeautiful roomslot machinesstandard roombed was comfortablecoffee makerparking lotsteakhousecafe
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Really great room for wen. 27 sept 17 $119. Food needs improve. Rather pay more for better. Maybe better ingredients. Pancakes bacon. Buffet food cooked. Really good jacuzzi. Large room. Bathroom. Really big. Great design. yesterday tex.mex. night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
asilvagcc, Front Office Manager at Gold Country Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Heng Jeong B.

Thank you for your review. I am happy the room was large and comfortable during your stay. Thank you for your comments on your restaurant experience. We will address them promptly. Thank you again for your business and we hope you return soon for another visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife and I had business in Oroville and we enjoyed our stay at the Gold Country Casino & Hotel. Our large room was all but equaled in size by the large bathroom, featuring both a large seated shower and a soaker tub, plus double vanity. There was the standard coffee maker and refrigerator, but no safe that I could find. Our biggest - or should I say loudest - complaint regards the air conditioning, which given the triple digit temperatures, needed to work overtime. But it was either on constantly making it far too cold, or on and off every four minutes to maintain our preferred comfort level. This made for some noisy sleeping.
Overall, this room was a very good value for the amount we paid.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
asilvagcc, Front Office Manager at Gold Country Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Robert Y,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have safe's on property for guest use but they are located behind the Hotel Registration desk. We value your comments and will address the concerns about the noise with the air conditioning turning on and off. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My son wanted to see the Oroville dam that almost broke, so we decided to stay in the area a night. The Gold Country Casino & Hotel was rated high, so we stayed there. The bedroom area was huge, but the bathroom was the size of most hotel rooms; very spacious. The view wasn't great from the room, but that was okay. Service was very good and they had a variety of choices for restaurants. I'm not much of a gambler, but I did manage to spend an hour in the casino on my original $5 investment! They have penny machines! The top floor restaurant was a bit pricey and they requested closed toe shoes. I had only brought sandals, so we decided to skip it and ate at the cafe, which was a good choice (and much more reasonable than upstairs).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Skiergirl08,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are glad you were able to check out the Casino & Cafe while you were here. We hope you decide to join us for a return visit. If you are still interested in enjoying the Steak House we have a Sunset Dinner Special from 5PM-5:45PM starting at $19.95 that can provide a more reasonable option to give them a try.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Although I'm not a big fan of Gold Country Casino's food or gambling I do have to say they have fabulous and timely customer service. If someone was seeking a nice romantic get away their rooms are very nice and have jet baths like a hot tub or Jacuzzi it's very relaxing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Jessicar72017,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you're not a fan of the food or gambling. I hope you will give us another try the next time you stay. We are very happy to hear your compliments to the staff. The Team at Gold Country Casino & Hotel work very hard to provide friendly service and an atmosphere that makes you feel at home.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed in the King Balcony room, and was surprised by the size of the room, and the bathroom - both were very long, and spacious.
Overall, the room I stayed in was pretty nice - Decor, furniture, amenities - all of that was nice. The jetted bathtub was relaxing, the updated shower was pretty, and a good size.
Here are the odd/negative things about my stay:
Upon arrival I was disappointed to find that, even though I had arrived about 30 minutes AFTER check-in, I was told my room still wasn't ready, and I'd have to wait another half hour.
One of the first things I noticed when I walked into the room was that the thermostat was located right inside the front door, and although most things in the room seemed to be updated, the thermostat looked like it was from the 70's, and was barely clinging to the wall.
The balcony was lovely to have, and I used it as much as I could, but it faced West... which can be nice for sunsets, but was pretty unpleasant during the 100+ temperatures we were having in mid-June. I had to keep the blackout curtains closed from about midday until shortly before sunset. And the views on the balcony were nothing to write home about. When the sun was setting behind the trees to my right, that was pretty, because sunsets pretty much always are... but otherwise, it was views of the highway, some trees, the parking lot, and the construction happening next to the casino parking lot.
There were bugs in the bathtub. They seemed to be coming out the jets, or some other part of the tub... one minute, nothing in there, the next, a little bug was suddenly crawling around in there. It wasn't tons, didn't seem to be an infestation, but still unpleasant.
The tv reception was not great - whatever show I was watching would frequently freeze for a few minutes at a time.
At one point I decided I wanted to get some ice, and a soda from the vending machine, so I went in search of both. I remembered that upon exiting the elevator to my floor, I hadn't noticed any sort of signage indicating where those things might be, so I went the opposite direction from the elevator - no luck. I had to walk around for awhile before I finally went around a few corners and then there was ONE sign pointing at the entrance into the room where the ice, and vending machines were. It was frustrating that, not only were there no signs, but the location of the room was not obvious, it was actually somewhat hidden, unless you happened to have a room down that particular hallway. So, vending room found, now let's get a soda. Machine takes cards, swipe card, says ready, pick a soda, I chose my drink, it said it was vending, but whoops, nothing was happening. I tried to cancel, I tried to choose a different drink, I tried to cancel again - the machine was frozen. After several minutes, and several failed attempts, I gave up, and figured I'd try a vending machine on a different floor. The exact same thing happened on the next floor down. So I figured I'd call the lobby to let them know that it was no big deal, but something was wrong with the soda machines - "ok, we don't handle that, the gift shop does, I'll transfer you" - now I'm on the phone with the gift shop, tell them the same thing - "ok, we don't handle that" - ok, that's fine, I just thought someone would want to know... what's the point of them being here, using electricity and whatnot, if you can't even make purchases. No one seemed to know anything about the machines, or who to tell, or what to do, so that was basically a pointless phone call. Still no big deal, it's just a soda, but pretty silly, and kind of frustrating.
I got the pot roast from the Cafe downstairs, called in my order, then went down to pick it up - the lady behind the counter barely acknowledged me. She asked my name, took my card, gave me my receipt, but wasn't kind, didn't ask if I needed utensils, or include any pleasantries or anything, and as I was leaving, I said "thanks, have a good night" and she turned and talked to her co-worker without responding. Then when I got up to my room, the side salad I ordered had no dressing, the pot roast was in a flimsy cardboard container, so it was leaking through, and the meat tasted strange.
The last little irritant was not being able to do self check-out in the room. I don't know if it was an issue with the tv, or if it was because of the aforementioned bad reception, but I tried during my whole 2 day stay to bring up a menu that I caught a glimpse of ONCE, and was never able to bring it up again. Each time I tried to press "menu" and all other buttons on the remote that seemed like maybe they would be helpful, I was taken to a blank screen, with HDMI up in the corner for a second, followed by "no service" or some other message of that nature.

So overall, my stay was not awful. The room itself was quite nice, the staff at reception were all very friendly, but all the little annoyances/inconveniences, coupled with the cost, make me feel inclined to stay somewhere else before looking here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo