See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2015

This motel is right next door to the Holiday Inn and about $50 cheaper per night. The bed was clean and fairly comfortable. The bathroom was clean and there was plenty of hot water. This is not a high end place but OK. I'd stay there again and save the money.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

We value your input as this is our only measure as to how well we are doing. We are glad that you will be using us for your accommodation needs in the future. We hope we can meet and better our standards and give you an enjoyable stay each time. Thank You

Reviewed 6 October 2015

We stayed for two nights and were very impressed with the room. It was clean and up to date. The air conditioning was great as well as the microwave and fridge. The room was so big that the TV seemed small. We plan to visit Oroville again and will stay here again. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Oroville for comfort as well as a good price. The front desk was very nice and when we had to check out early(we had originally booked for three nights)they gladly refunded our money.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

We thank you for your feed back and are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Reviews keep our services in check and we greatly appreciate the time you take to post one. Once again Thank You.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for an entire week for work in late September, from Texas. The beds were in good shape, the pillows were GREAT, bedding very cool and comfy and air conditioning super cold... TV stations were awesome..bathroom was fresh, clean, well kept and toiletries refreshed and most importantly for me, the water was hot and STAYED hot for a nice bath.. Furniture was well kept with fridge in the room. The staff was absolutely amazing, methodic in their routine every day, and extremely helpful. So total review, zero complaints. Anytime I am anywhere near, there is no where I'd rather stay because it felt like home with zero hassle. I love how well kept this property is. To the staff: Thanks for making our week with you so comfy. Your pride in your property shows.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

We are glad that you had a very pleasant stay with us. We hope that we will always meet your expectations. Thank you for taking some time and posting a review as this helps us to keep improving on our weaknesses. We appreciate your positive review.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Because of a three month work contract, this was my home away from-well you get the picture. So I will cut to the chase and state negative first and then the positive.
1.The internet service was less than steller. Many times while working on my computer, the service would drop and I would have to call and ask the front desk to reboot the system. The managers and staff were understandable about the situation but it was a consistant pain.
2.The breakfast-I never want to see Rasin Bran, sweet buns,orange and apple juice again! The same old food over and over again is maddening. I will say that the manager did ask for input regarding the breakfast but when you have to wait for the higher ups to give the OK to change things there's not much you can do. DIY waffles on Sunday would have been a nice touch or muffins, boiled eggs...
The good things-
The front desk staff was Very Nice and I befriended a couple of the girls during my stay.The managers were very kind and approachable when it came to any concerns or problems I encountered.Sometimes I felt like a spoiled child, as they met my needs no matter how big or small. After 1 p.m. I was allowed to pick up the lobby newspaper and take it back to my room to relax and read.
My room was closer to the front office which at times was a blessing when the hotel was full and a few of their guests didn't know when to go to bed and kept up too much noise on the back end of the hotel. There is a microwave and small fridge in each room.The room size was good, like a modified studio apartment and the mattress was comfortable. The furniture is outdated, a few chairs could be replaced that were torn underneath and the desk was stained. When you live in a place for as long as I did you notice a lot of things.
The housekeeping staff was awesome, esp. the lead housekeeper with her warm smile and easy laugh.There is a washer and dryer on the property.
The hotel location is within walking distance or a 5-10 minute drive from fast food outlets and stores like Walmart, CVS or Walgreens.
Oroville is a small town but there is a movie theatre nearby or you can jump on the highway and drive to the town of Chico, 30 minutes away for more selections regarding dining, shopping and entertainment options.
I didn't expect to get choked up during my departure, but when you spend everyday, for three months with such a small group of people, you can't help but to get a little attached. They took good care of me and for that I will always be very grateful.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the front portion of the hotel which is quieter at times.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Hitheroadwithlila
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to giving us a most detailed positive and negative review. I can only say that we will continue to improve our services. We hope that we see you staying with us again as we most certainly became one family.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

A very average facility, perhaps slightly less than average. It's a "dated" facility. Certainly not a "Best Value" at the price charged. Receptionist greeted us well, but supervisor was impersonal over a small issue. Will never book an America's Best Value Inn again.

Room Tip: Ice machine in laundry room which required a room key, a good thing.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

I apologize for not meeting any of your requests and will be following up into this matter. Thank You for taking the time to post a review. We do hope that you give us a chance to serve you better in the future.