“Nice Stay”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Not the newest in Town but it's clean and comfortable. You can park your vehicle close to your room so you can have a little piece of security, easy in and out of the rooms and it located close to eating establishments, fuel stations, etc. Management and Staff are nice and friendly. When their costomer dryer when bad they dried my wet clothes in their laundry driers and even folded them. Didn't charge me dime even though I would have.

Room Tip: Summers can be hot. I try and stay in one of the rooms that doesn't get to much sun in the after...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2016

My truck broke down on Hwy 70 at 4:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon. The tow truck driver dropped my wife and I off at the America's Best Value Inn in Oroville at 5:30 and we got a room for the night.

The room was quite large and clean. The bed was comfortable, AC and the TV worked, and there was hot water for the shower in the morning. What more do I need? In the morning we had the continental breakfast.

After finding out that our truck would not be fixed until late Monday afternoon, the manager drove us to the Gold Country Casino so that we could have a place to hang out until our truck was ready.

I want to complement the manager as to his being a friendly likeable person. I wish I wrote down his name. He runs a clean well kept up place that I would stay in again if the need arose.

I would recommend the America's Best Value Inn in Oroville as a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Due to a problem with a gas line in my house i was forced to stay in a motel from sat till tues. I didnt even want to stay in oroville because i know how people in the town are. It was a busy weekend in chico and every motel there was booked and only thing available at 9pm on a sat was motel 6 or this one. At 100 something a night i expected it to be decent. I had my two boys with me ages 2 and 3. When we got in room we were all tired and went strait to bed. Next day woke up ate breakfast watched tv which were both very good we were away most of day. Staff was friendly and helpful. Well monday morning as i was getting ready for the day i was in bathroom as my 2yr old was playing with toys and watching tv thats when i heard crying. Went to check on him and he was holding a hypodermic needle and managed to poke himself. He was getting a ball that rolled behind nightstand or bed. I rushed him to er and he was given a clean bill of health. It was determined that the syringe contained trace amounts of methamphetamine. after a drug test on myself and a chat with social services it was determined i was telling the truth. I realize that hotel staff cannot control what people do in these rooms but, they can control how they clean them. Had there been some type of disease on that needle i would be calling a lawyer not writing a review. When we got back to room to get our stuff i looked around behind stuff and found a broken piece of some type of smoking device. THANK GOD THAT MY BOY IS OK but i take this as a lesson learned in life that anytime im in a motel i will rip it apart before i allow my kids to roam around. Aslo tons of druggies fighting and traffic at all hours of night. But again thats oroville...not a very pleasent stay to an already depressing weekend

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank You for posting your review, I do hope all is well since we last spoke on the phone. I refunded your stay as soon as I read the review note you left me. I was happy that you saw this in a psitive view and understand that some things are beyond our control. We assure you we have taken all steps for this kind of thing not to re-occur.
Once again we appreciate your understanding in this whole matter.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night since nothing else was available. Booked from Hotels.com. Had never been to Oroville and was not sure what to expect. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car if that is an option. Place was disgusting. Stains on pillows, blankets and sheets. Appears to have body fluids on all surfaces. Spoke to front desk and was told no other room available. On the positive side, shower was clean and had hot water. Felt as if I needed to wash off all the stench from the room. Look at the pictures and judge for yourself.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Amardeep D
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

First of all let me apologize for your negative experience with us. We take each review seriously and its not often that we get negative and positive reviews, so thank you for being neutral and critical. We pride in providing clean rooms and we hope that we can better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

The young lady who registered us was very sweet and kind enough to understand
that we would prefer a room that is quiet and not booking neighbors right next
door, if at all possible, and since the rooms were mostly empty, anyhow, that worked out
well. NO neighbors.

However, the heating unit was a conundrum. All night long the fan gave out cold air,
and it was either too warm or too cold... I froze and had to put my jacket over the
blanket. There should be a better way to heat the room, so that the fan doesn't
blow cold air, the unit doesn't gurgle and sound as if it is going to vomit,
and when you set it for 68 degrees, when the outside air is 34 degrees, that
the 68 doesn't become stifling, and if you change it, cold air is blown out all night long.

The pillows were extremely odd. I thought they were stuffed with corn husks.
Luckily, I travel with my own pillow. My husband doesn't and he had to make do.

The staff were friendly, mostly foreign, the breakfast was cereals (two choices)
packaged buns, (raisins and bear claws were good when heated up) and
the coffee was excellent. Everything is simply arranged... oranges, apples,
bananas. This isn't he Hampton Inn, so it was good enough for a morning
wake-up.

I prefer a bathroom where the sink is not in with the commode, but that is
the way it is, and you can't change that. The light in the closet/hall/bathroom
entry area was much too bright for sensitive eyes.

There was plenty of hot water, cold water was good tasting, and the
commode did not waste water when flushed... that is good thinking
for the benefit of Calif. in its drought.

The receptionist in the morning gave us a cheerful goodbye, and I
was more uplifted by that, after a restless, cold air/heater-noise night.

Room Tip: check out the heating unit for noise, and if it is working well for warmth vs. cold air.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Thank You so much for your detailed review we really appreciate you taking the time and expressing your stay with us. We have changed out the air conditioner in question, it is feed back of this nature that helps to improve our services. Once again Thank You

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
0.9 km away
5.8 km away
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
27.7 km away
Best Western Paradise Hotel

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!