“Food with the family”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 25 April 2016

this place is great for mexican authentic food, clean and freiendly atmosphere, i would deffo come back and eat again, they have a ton of chips and dip and chillis,
all the food is made fresh and home made tortillas too,

Reviewed 15 March 2016

The tacos are delicious, and come at a great price. I always feel like taking home a giant pot of their rice too! The rice is amazing; it tastes so healthy, and it's not dried out. The seating isn't too bad. Try to avoid the bench seat near the counter; people often lean on the back of the seat while people are eating because they are standing in line in that area.

If you don't like spicy, just ask for no sauce on the tacos. There's a chips and salsa bar, so don't miss out on that!

Bring cash!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

My husband and I love this place. We visit Camarillo and Oxnard locations and they're both amazingly delicious..The service is great as well....
Asada is juicy, crunchy tasty Tripas, Pastor is tender and flavorful, Ceviche is mmmm...as well as the Shrimp Cocktails.. I can go on and on... Prices and specials are a hit alone and then you have the taco bar that can also fill you up with several different condiments to choose from to complete your meal. I cannot get enough of this place...
Been going here for several years. I love me some Taqueria El Tapatio Tacos.... **Only downfall, they stopped taking C.C. but they do have an ATM inside which they didn't have for quite sometime. Beyond 10 in my book!

1  Thank Theasha G
Reviewed 26 November 2014

It all started with people from a Texas organization visiting Oxnard this past summer. When asked for a good taco, most of the local staff pointed to this location. My wife loves good local food. So this past week we stopped here for a quick lunch. Yeah it's cash only (so is the original Tommies on Beverly and Rampart) , yeah you order at the register, yet the food was excellent. My wife had the taco salad with carnitas, I had asada and carnitas tacos. Usually you can see and taste the excellence in dishes like these.
The salad came in a tortilla shell made from the fresh tortillas, also used for the chips, my tacos were made from carnitas that were crispy on the outside and tender and moist (not wet) on the inside. There is a salsa and chip bar to insure you have the right combination of heat.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

They take cash only. Expect to wait in line. I should not write this review because the line is too long now. I know Mexican food. I have lived in the area 35 years and worked for a local utility co. 32 years in the field. Spent a lot of lunches all over this area. A little market in Somis is the best, but out of the way. This has great food the way you like it. Special orders don't upset them so please yourself. the line moves quick so it is not as bad as it looks.