Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$144
CourtyardUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
PricelineUS$144
TravelocityUS$144
Vio.comUS$144
All reviews starbucks coffee an older property freeway lobby ventura
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

I stayed here because I am helping my aunt die, and it is fairly close to the assisted living community where she lives. I have been driving from Long Beach to Ventura AND working daily. I am literally exhausted. I decided to stay over night instead of driving home. I chose the Marriott because ONE I trusted the brand, and the standards, and SECOND this one had good reviews.
I showed up at 9pm. I was given an adjoining room, and I don't like that, BUT I failed to ask for anything different, so whatever I thought "I will deal." It started with the couple arguing next door that lasted for 20minutes. They finally decided to stop, which was good. I went to take a shower and the towels and bath mat were damp - very damp, which is gross. I was so tired...I found a hand towel that was dry and decided "ok at least this is dry" Then I opened the toilet to go, and there were cigarettes and black crap in the toilet. So I called downstairs and asked to be moved. The guy on the phone was NOT apologetic, but did say "I don't know if I can, give me a few minutes."
He called back in 15minutes and said, "yeah ok there is a room on the 1st floor, but it is an accessible room." I said, "I don't care, is it clean??" He said, "um, I hope so." I thought, "wth-you hope so? You didn't check??" I packed up my things & headed downstairs to exchange keys. When I exchanged the keys, a guy appeared and literally gave me a key and took mine. There were no words, well except mine to say "thank you" to him. BUT he didn't say, sorry about all of this, or tough sh**t lady-literally NOTHING.
Ok next room, upon entering was another adjoining room AND the people next door were smoking - it was coming into the room.(I am a cancer survivor - this makes me cringe) I sat on the edge of the bed & just thought "stay calm." I looked up at the ceiling, and I noticed these spots moving, which turned out to be spider and a silver fish. (unbelievable!) I killed the spider with a hanger, and then tried to get the silver fish but he fell off the ceiling and onto the carpet. Couldn't find him after that. I went to take a shower, and I noticed little gnats flying around 2 or 3. Went to get my nightgown and slippers & got into shower. One gnat flew by then the next, so I looked up, and there were dead gnats on the ceiling. I stopped counting at 50. At this point, I just kind of went numb to it all. I got in bed and the mattress sank in the middle and the pad bunched up - wish this was not true, but this was the worst experience I have ever had at a Marriott!
I wish it had been earlier - I would have left. I stayed because I mentally stayed focused on my aunt, and the fact that she literally had days left and let this crap go...but I thought "I have been busting my a** over the past year in healthcare on the front lines...seriously we all are exhausted." God it is so disappointing...all of it is. Service is gone, standards are gone, I mean no one cares. This place in general even after the room --> the pool area, I mean get rid of your dead plants, pressure wash your balconies, god people are paying their hard earned money, organize your chairs in your sitting areas, get your act together...stop disrespecting your guests so much...guests that might save your life if you walked into an ER.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Caligirlalmost40
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is in the cut. And that’s a good thing. Right by the highway but quiet. If you want privacy this is the way to go and there’s plenty of parking. One of the only hotels you find with a balcony and I love it. The rooms were spacious and clean. Looked like they had been recently redecorated My stay was during the pandemic so a lot of the amenities were closed. But I still enjoyed the peace and quiet. The staff was nice as well. It near everything you need.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Spent 4 nights at this hotel from 7/22/2021 until 7/26/2021 and asked every day for the room to be cleaned and serviced with fresh towels, toilet paper, trash emptied, floor swept and bed made/sheets changed at least once while I was there. Every request was answered the same "we don't service rooms until after 3 days". When I pointed out after the 3rd day that I was expecting some kind of cleaning service. I had to pick up my own towels, coffee supplies, toilet paper, empty trash cans and if I wanted sheets changed they would give me fresh ones but I had to change them myself. Reason given was that "we are very busy"! Not too busy to charge full rate of over $200 per night.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank david p
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

This was our 2nd Marriot property visit on our trip and when compared to the one in Livermore, CA, this was a huge disappointment. I would not suggest staying here with your family with small children if you want to feel safe.

We first offered room 129. The room was dusty and dirty.
-corner chair was filthy (candidate for the dump)
-carpet dingy
-nightstand, desk, drawers had signs of wear such as panels separating from furniture
-no sign about how they are taking measures against COVID in the room
-window curtains did not close all the way and it's right next to the bed
-room 129 has 2 other doors that connect to the room next door which seems a bit much
-noisy neighbors (uncontrollable)
-loitering in front of building by parking lot (this man has all his belongings all over the ground and did not appear to have a ride anywhere)
-parking lot ground had garbage and a lot of spilled items drying (needs to be power washed!)

The front desk was nice to accommodate moving to a different room on the 2nd floor. We had to pack up all our stuff, get the kids out of bed, and walk across the courtyard to our new building and up the stairs since there no elevator in the building. This room is cleaner, but still not to the standard of the Livermore one.

This is an older property with a "newer look." There needs to be some quality assurance with the items in the room and when to know when something needs to be replaced. We do not like the doors joining the other rooms. We felt unsafe here and we will not be returning.

Room tip: Not for families
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BunkysBabeT
Patty Tewes, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2021

Dear guest

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with the first room assigned for you and your family but glad we were able to accommodate you in a different one.
We all have many challenges now a days, however we are all working very, very hard to take care of our guests.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, hope you give us another opportunity to serve your needs in the future.

Respectfully
Patty
GM

Reviewed 12 March 2021

We came into town for a funeral last weekend Lopez family service).We were told that a block of rooms was reserved for the family (ground level) to be all together but upon check in we were put in rooms away from other family that came. When getting into our room#517 we had high expectations based off the price we paid but needless to say we were disappointed. Attached is a picture of the room with cords literally everywhere(good things no kids were around). In the morning we got up to make coffee in the little corner spot by window and there was coffee but no cream or sugar, we looked for someone to ask for some and there was no one. We ended up having to go to McDonald's to get coffee. Not to mention when leaving Sunday a sherriff was bringing a man very grungy, dirty man along with his stuff and put him in a room right next to family. This was not a happy stay to begin with but the hotel accommodations just made it worse.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dvillan
Patty Tewes, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2021

Dear Dvillan,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at our property, first and foremost will like to give you and your family our sincere condolences for your loss.
The team at our hotel has discussed all of the concerns you indicated and I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay overall.
We do offer group blocks as a convenience for the guest to ensure they have some rooms available for their group especially on busy weekends. As I mentioned to Ms. Lopez we were able to offer the block, however, we can only guarantee the room type (1 or 2 beds) and not the location.

Regarding the police officer you saw, he was just helping a distress senior.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and your understanding.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other quetsions,

Respectfully,