Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$176
View deal
CourtyardUS$176
Booking.comUS$176
Hotels.comUS$176
TravelocityUS$176
FindHotelUS$176
ZenHotels.comUS$223
All reviews starbucks coffee an older property freeway lobby ventura
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2022 via mobile

We rented 2 rooms for my husband and 2 teenage kids and this hotel delivered on all my must haves for a relaxing, restful and wonderful stay.
The rooms and bathrooms were clean, well appointed and spacious. Check-in was easy and the concierge was nice even offering to give us adjacent rooms.
Parking was also free. Over all, we had a pleasant stay and I'd definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Patty Tewes, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2022

Dear Barby F,

We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at our property.Very happy to hear the team was able to take care of the location of the rooms as well.

Looking forward to take care of your accommodations next time you are in the area.

Yours in hospitality,

Patty

Reviewed 24 November 2021 via mobile

My family and I were here for our Father’s Funeral & while here my sister and family had to move to 3 different rooms due to roaches. We notified management & management cited that the hotel had no issues & they must be “water roaches” The housekeeping mgr stated that not one employee or guest reported any issues. An employee later told me in a recorded conversation that they had known & reported the roaches to mngr a month earlier. The photos are of room 203, 208, 408 & 418. Contacting the Ops Mngr & GM was truly a waste of time as they denied a problem! $1500 for this roach infested stay

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elvira M
Reviewed 23 August 2021

I stayed here because I am helping my aunt die, and it is fairly close to the assisted living community where she lives. I have been driving from Long Beach to Ventura AND working daily. I am literally exhausted. I decided to stay over night instead of driving home. I chose the Marriott because ONE I trusted the brand, and the standards, and SECOND this one had good reviews.
I showed up at 9pm. I was given an adjoining room, and I don't like that, BUT I failed to ask for anything different, so whatever I thought "I will deal." It started with the couple arguing next door that lasted for 20minutes. They finally decided to stop, which was good. I went to take a shower and the towels and bath mat were damp - very damp, which is gross. I was so tired...I found a hand towel that was dry and decided "ok at least this is dry" Then I opened the toilet to go, and there were cigarettes and black crap in the toilet. So I called downstairs and asked to be moved. The guy on the phone was NOT apologetic, but did say "I don't know if I can, give me a few minutes."
He called back in 15minutes and said, "yeah ok there is a room on the 1st floor, but it is an accessible room." I said, "I don't care, is it clean??" He said, "um, I hope so." I thought, "wth-you hope so? You didn't check??" I packed up my things & headed downstairs to exchange keys. When I exchanged the keys, a guy appeared and literally gave me a key and took mine. There were no words, well except mine to say "thank you" to him. BUT he didn't say, sorry about all of this, or tough sh**t lady-literally NOTHING.
Ok next room, upon entering was another adjoining room AND the people next door were smoking - it was coming into the room.(I am a cancer survivor - this makes me cringe) I sat on the edge of the bed & just thought "stay calm." I looked up at the ceiling, and I noticed these spots moving, which turned out to be spider and a silver fish. (unbelievable!) I killed the spider with a hanger, and then tried to get the silver fish but he fell off the ceiling and onto the carpet. Couldn't find him after that. I went to take a shower, and I noticed little gnats flying around 2 or 3. Went to get my nightgown and slippers & got into shower. One gnat flew by then the next, so I looked up, and there were dead gnats on the ceiling. I stopped counting at 50. At this point, I just kind of went numb to it all. I got in bed and the mattress sank in the middle and the pad bunched up - wish this was not true, but this was the worst experience I have ever had at a Marriott!
I wish it had been earlier - I would have left. I stayed because I mentally stayed focused on my aunt, and the fact that she literally had days left and let this crap go...but I thought "I have been busting my a** over the past year in healthcare on the front lines...seriously we all are exhausted." God it is so disappointing...all of it is. Service is gone, standards are gone, I mean no one cares. This place in general even after the room --> the pool area, I mean get rid of your dead plants, pressure wash your balconies, god people are paying their hard earned money, organize your chairs in your sitting areas, get your act together...stop disrespecting your guests so much...guests that might save your life if you walked into an ER.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Caligirlalmost40
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is in the cut. And that’s a good thing. Right by the highway but quiet. If you want privacy this is the way to go and there’s plenty of parking. One of the only hotels you find with a balcony and I love it. The rooms were spacious and clean. Looked like they had been recently redecorated My stay was during the pandemic so a lot of the amenities were closed. But I still enjoyed the peace and quiet. The staff was nice as well. It near everything you need.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Spent 4 nights at this hotel from 7/22/2021 until 7/26/2021 and asked every day for the room to be cleaned and serviced with fresh towels, toilet paper, trash emptied, floor swept and bed made/sheets changed at least once while I was there. Every request was answered the same "we don't service rooms until after 3 days". When I pointed out after the 3rd day that I was expecting some kind of cleaning service. I had to pick up my own towels, coffee supplies, toilet paper, empty trash cans and if I wanted sheets changed they would give me fresh ones but I had to change them myself. Reason given was that "we are very busy"! Not too busy to charge full rate of over $200 per night.

Date of stay: July 2021