“Excellent ”

CJ's Barbecue
Ranked #50 of 312 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a truly wonderful bbq dinner - I loved the pulled pork sandwich and fries- before CJ’s, BJ’s was my favorite place to get it, but CJ’s has them beat! I got the 1/2 sandwich which was plenty... My husband got the bbq tri tip with coleslaw and ate every last bite. We also got an order of cornbread which was warm and delicious. We will definitely be back!!!! Price wasn’t bad in comparison to other places - $27 for the two meals, side of cornbread and two soft drinks.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We were looking for a new place to try out when down in Oxnard for events and saw the reviews for CJ's BBQ. Found it tucked into a shopping center and the good eats were on! Staff was very friendly, loved the many selections on the menu and the prices were moderate. We fed a family of five for $75 and everybody was very happy. Succulent ribs, Tri-Ttip sandwiches, sides of mac and cheese, cobbler... good down home comfort food. Portions were quite generous, including the salads. We were eating late, so didn't find the crowds. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Decent BBQ but the amount of meat in the tri tip sandwich seems to have gone down over the years. Sauce is good, but nothing to write home about. I'd rather drive an extra 5 minutes and get in line at Just BBQ. Bigger sandwich, amazing spicy BBQ sauce.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

CJs BBQ is worth the wait! Love their famous rack of beef ribs, not too wet, just right! Great flavor, tender with lots of meat. Sides have quite a bit to choose from, don't forget the cornbread!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Good down home cookin! Large frosted beer mugs. Home of one of the biggest burgers I've ever seen! Close to sel service without being self service.