“Stopped for lunch, got more than food!”
Review of El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #217 of 307 Restaurants in Oxnard
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

Visited this store for lunch today, it was quiet busy, We ordered lunch and I went to use the women's restroom. It was beyond disgusting, the floor was littered with papers, and there was no toilet tissue, the sink was stopped up with water, which made me wonder how the workers ( one who had just left the restroom) could possibly properly wash their hands. Thank goodness I had hand sanitizer with me.
I returned to our table and proceeded to eat my tacos. My husband had ordered the 2 piece chicken combo. As he was eating, he suddenly stopped chewing, and pulled a piece of hard metal approximately 1 inches long out of his mouth! It had been the chicken!! At this point, being totally disgusted he took the piece to what appeared the manager, she was very apologetic , and offered us a free meal on our next visit, since that was not going to happen, I asked her to refund our money, which she did with no hesitation or problem. She returned with our money, and a card with the name and number of the general manager, telling us if my husband had any issues with his teeth or mouth injury to let him know.
Long story short, my husbands dentist pronounced his mouth issue free. I will never, ever, patronize this establishment again.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

There are several El Pollo Loco locations in my area. This is the best of them. The crew is patient and helpful. They serve a lot of senior customers. Newly remodeled, it more comfortable than before. the menu has something for everyone. Four salsas are available. Choose wisely! Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 October 2014

This location has a nice size dining room and a few outside tables. Nothing stands out about this particular location, but the food is good and they keep the dining area pretty clean. Staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Seems that the quality has gone downhill over the years. Chicken is slippery. Bad texture. Kind of bland. Not worth it. You're better off going to El Pollo Norteno which is also in town, offers a similar menu, but of much higher quality.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Clean, great staff, smiles. Good menu, and GREAT chicken. Parking is ample, close to beach (1.5 miles). Close to 101 freeway. Fresh chicken all the time. Salza bar is good. For lunch or dinner you can't go wrong. Not your regular fast food restaurant. Decor is also nice.

Been to El Pollo Loco? Share your experiences!