“Dirty plates”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The menu is really good, friendly server. My wife and I decided to have dinner at chili's. Server was very friendly and helpful. The food came and first thing I noticed was the dirty looking plates. I lost my appetite. Literally the white plate was yellow and lightly brownish. I asked the server for the kitchen manager and he was a nice gentleman, but he doesn't over look what his staff is doing. He offered free dinner I said I am not complaining for a free meal! I am here to bring it to your attention that you should never serve people food with dirty old plates or give dirty old cutlery.
I recommend you to check your plates and other cutlery before eating. If the plates are dirty just walk across the street to another restaurant.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Surprised to read the other (not so glowing) reviews concerning this location. Ate here for the first time with 4 children recently and we all had lovely food at resonable prices. Don't think there were any issues whatsoever. Very good experience overall.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

We ordered food to go from Chili's menu which tasted okay, but when I walked into the restaurant I was disappointed to see how run down it was from when I visited before. The hostess asked if she could help me right away, but my food wasn't ready. I had to wait probably 15 minutes. They were courteous but not super professional or friendly. I hope they spruce up the place and put a little more effort into their service.

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

I usually am a fan of Chili's. At this location, the food was not hot. My full rack of ribs arrived in multiple pieces (not a big deal because they would eventually end up that way) only to have a question in my mind of why. My wife didn't particularly enjoy her meal. I can't complain about the service, but I will skip this location in Oxnard.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We have eaten at this Chili's many times - never disappointed in the food. This time was different. Chilis has totally changed their menu- for the worse. I got half rack of ribs - they were ok - a little tough and dry. My wife got the taco and tostado plate. The taco was good, but she specifically did not want cilantro. The tostado was full of this. The chicken tortilla soup was excellent as always. My biggest complaint has to do with the men's restroom. It was filthy, disgusting. No excuse whatsoever for a restaurant of this caliber to have that happen. I brought it to the attention of the server and someone did go in and clean up the restroom.

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!