“Love it”

El Pollo Norteno 1290
Ranked #71 of 324 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

This place only serves two things chicken, tri tip or a combo of both and a side of beans, salsa and tortillas. You can also add a side of rice or you can order a burrito. As basic as the choices are they are full of flavor. I love their charbroiled chicken and the trip is juicy. One of my favorite places to eat at for lunch.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

The food here was lovely!! My husband had read good reviews so we decided to give it a try as we were staying in Oxnard overnight. So glad we did! We had a combination plate of chicken and tri tip with beans and salsa that came with some mini tortilla. It was so tasty.

1  Thank bedhead02
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Best Trip-tip I have ever had. The Grilled Chicken is simply amazing. I had the combo and loved it. My son had a Chicken Burrito (huge). I have no idea how he ate so quickly and all of it. His comment when he was done was "Best Burrito Ever". Food was fresh and hot. Your choice sit down, take out or catering.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

You will find the best Tri-Tip period at El Pollo Norteno! The chicken is also exceptional since it too is grilled to perfection. The salsa is also the best in town!

1  Thank Michellee67
Reviewed 14 March 2014

From the reviews, I think that some reviews were for the other one which is about a mile away. Both are owned by the same person. First neither serves carnitas, they both serve tri-tip. This one has parking surrounding the place. The other one has very limited parking in the alley in a high risk area. The chicken quality is poor and old at times. Years ago the quality of the food was much better. This place is also located in a questionable part of town. I do not recommend going after dark.

1  Thank john r

Been to El Pollo Norteno 1290? Share your experiences!