Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
US$149
Hotels.comUS$159
PricelineUS$159
TravelocityUS$159
All reviews nice hotel easy access excellent stay free breakfast front desk staff freeway lobby accommodations california coast refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2021

What an absolute disgrace to the Hilton name. As a frequent traveler and Hilton guest, I have never been more frustrated, disappointed or ashamed more in my life. The treatment I have received tonight was beyond hurtful. The hotel does not offer food so there is nothing to eat at the hotel, you will have to order a delivery.
We ordered dinner to enjoy at the table in the far corner of the lobby- as far away from the entry hallway as possible. I began unpacking my delivery when Muhammed came over and told us that we were not allowed to eat at this table at the empty lobby, but rather we could go sit outside on the patio on the cold +/- 37F We asked him to turn the propane heat lamps on because it was so cold and he said he did not have any propane. Muhammed said that ‘the law’ says we could not eat in the lobby of the hotel for which we are paying for. We can go and eat in the room like the animals.

Across on the opposite side of the lobby was the lobby seating area and business center. I asked if I could sit over in the lobby and he said no, I could not. I was not allowed to sit in the lobby. He said the only place I could eat my dinner was in my room or outside in the cold.

You can imagine how angry I was hearing this. I asked where the manager was and of course, the general manager is only on Monday- Friday 9am to 5pm (Scott Paolella).

I asked Muhammed numerous times to print the “law” he was referring to stating that I could not eat inside the lobby area of a hotel. Rather”? “Isn’t it your job to inform your guests of policy”? He didn’t like these questions and I even offered to hand him my cell phone and take a picture of his computer screen so I could see such a law. What he took a picture of stated that Ventura restaurants are not allowed to offer in-restaurant or outdoor dining. Unfortunately, I explained this was not a restaurant but rather the lobby of the hotel. People with very little power make rules.
Upon further investigation, the Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/ Camarillo official website states this as of January 8th, 2021,

“Amenities & Services Availability
Some hotel services may not be available or may be limited during your visit.
The following services and amenities are available, but with reduced service: Breakfast, On-site Restaurant(s), Room Service.
The following services and amenities are currently not available: Fitness Center, Pool, Spa (Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/Camarillo).”

Additionally, “Changes to our hotel restaurant service include the spacing of tables and chairs to promote proper physical distancing between guests while maintaining our increased hygiene standards(Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/Camarillo).”
The tables were spaced for physical distancing with more than 6 feet between one another. Keep in mind, we were the only people downstairs besides Muhammed.
This “law” Muhammed was trying to refer to made no sense to me. Nowhere even on the official website does it say customers/ guests could not sit or eat in the lobby area. I asked if the business center was open and to my surprise, he said yes. For reference, this is a desk in the lobby with a chair and printer.
Puzzling right. I felt as if I was being treated like a misbehaved animal; Only allowed outside or in my room. What exactly am I paying for for this hotel? I know I was not paying to be held prisoner in my room confined to a bed. The nonexistent empathy and hospitality experienced tonight was disgraceful. As a Hilton Honors member, I am ashamed to be a part of such an organization. The hypocritic lies and made up rules crossed a line which I will be sure to share.
I am looking forward to a response from the Hilton team and want this situation rectified. I am not paying to be subject to made up rules done by each individual franchise. This is not the USA if you spend your money be sure that you are treated like a guest and with respect and dignity.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2020

I stayed one night while in town on business. The hotel pool and fitness center is closed. The restaurant; however, I open. They have a nice outdoor dinning area. Their breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable. The staff were all very friendly. The only reason I did not score the HGI a 5 out of 5 was due to all the hair throughout my bathroom floor and shower. It makes you question how sanitary your room really is.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank G T
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

3 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard. Room was great. Staff was welcoming. I had fresh made breakfast and dinner each night and it was outstanding. Try the spicy shrimp cocktail. My waitress Laura was fun and very attentive. Beautiful grounds well kept.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2020

I was very impressed with the exterior look of the Inn upon arrival. It looks like the photos I saw online. Most Inns look like a motel but not this one. Thanks to the Hilton Hotel managing it. Humongous parking lot surrounding the hotel. Beautiful foliage around the front entrance of the hotel. Rooms are up to the 7th floor. 8th floor is the Corporate offices. Stringent measures taken for Covid 19 which makes you feel very comfortable. I like how the hand sanitizer is displayed in some areas. Lobby area is nice with comfortable seats. Inn staff at the front desk are efficient and professional. It is nice to be always greeted by them. Location of the Inn is very central. Close to Ventura and Santa Barbara.

Room tip: Best to request a room not near the highway.
Reviewed 25 June 2020

My mother-in-law who lived in Oxnard passed away two weeks ago. My husband and I live out of town and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We stayed there two weekends in a row.

The first weekend, we had to plan the funeral. We ate breakfast at the hotel when we were there. The hostess Lulu Nunez took very good care of us. She found out that my mother-in-law passed away. She provided a complimentary dinner for my us. We were so grateful after a long day at the mortuary. We were able to eat dinner at the hotel and rest.

The second weekend was the funeral. It was also our 39th wedding anniversary. After the funeral, we came back to the hotel. We were extremely exhausted from our day. The hotel surprised us with a bottle of champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate. I would like to thank the wonderful staff that made this happen. They are Lily, Matthew and Mohammed. You all made our day and my husband was quite surprised that the hotel would do something special like this for us.

The hotel is in a great location right off the highway. It was easy for us to get around town from this location. The staff are all wonderful and we will certainly come back here again.

Date of stay: June 2020