Lowest prices for your stay
US$168
Expedia.comUS$168
Hotels.comUS$168
Lol.travelUS$197
1,148 results
All reviews marina view channel islands breakfast staff island packers make your own waffles complimentary breakfast fire pit oatmeal the room was nice potatoes santa barbara first floor balcony seals inns coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2019

The good: The room was clean, the bed was comfortable
The bad: I live two miles from the hotel and was staying there only because So Cal Edison was doing maintenance on the electric lines and we were going to be out of power over night when the temp was expected to be in the 40's overnight. This is all because of the wild fires that were caused by SCE, so now they shut off the power frequently, sometimes for extended times. This was no pleasure trip or business trip. We were forced out of our house. We had no heat or hot water after 10 pm until morning. I have referred so many friends and relatives to this hotel in the past. They have probably made thousands of dollars because of my referrals but there was no appreciation or bending on the rate. I didn't eat their breakfast as I went home to eat in the morning. I think a hotel in a neighborhood should reach out to neighbors when there are exceptional circumstances and give a reduced rate. They kept saying the price was on the website. I called the hotel to make the reservation. I was not quoted the final cost but a cost before fees and taxes. The person at the front desk kept saying, "Well our rates are on the website". I didn't use the website!!! I only looked up the phone number on the internet so when I was quoted a rate over the phone, I was never told that didn't include fees and taxes.I am even a Hilton Honors member. They are in a residential area with only condos and apartments around but they charge a parking fee which is ridiculous. Their lot was 2/3 empty. Next time I will definitely go elsewhere and refer friends and family elsewhere. I don't believe they are unable to make adjustments to the rate. There were other times the past manager made adjustments to rates. The room would have been empty otherwise so really, for a nine hour stay $180 is kind of unreasonable. Heaven only knows what they would do in a earthquake. You hear so often of people going above and beyond and this is the opposite. Hampton has really lost its warmth with the new management. They claim your satisfaction is guaranteed. I don't think so.

1  Thank mecmom11
Reviewed 14 December 2019

Our standard room wasn’t ready upon early arrival so instead we were offered an upgraded room with a harbor view! This was an unexpected kindness which made my nephew’s 21st birthday even more special.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn O, Guest Service Agent at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2020

Hello,
We apologize for the initial inconvenience. Here at Hampton we are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions for our valued guests. We are pleased to hear that the upgrade worked out, and that, in fact, it worked out better for all in the end. We hope to have you stay with us again, and until then, all the best! Thank you for choosing Hampton.

Reviewed 9 December 2019

I selected this hotel and room because of view of the marina. Everything I expected. Friendly efficient helpful front desk staff. Breakfast good, staff serving breakfast friendly. Peaceful. Totally happy and will stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn O, Front Desk Agent at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Justine Dollar

Reviewed 6 December 2019

Check in was easy, no issues. Our rooms were ready, and we found them to be the typical Hampton Inn room; clean rooms and bathrooms. We noted the shower had good pressure and water temperatures.
The included breakfast was also the usual offerings.
One item: they charge $12 per night for parking. This is unusual for a hotel such as this, as it is not near an airport, large city, etc. Did not expect that charge, but is probably shown on the Hilton Website.

Room tip: Rooms that face the harbor offer better views: get a room higher up
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jonthethird
Safari00661714344, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you again for choosing us, and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Elena Salgado
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2019

The rooms are not sound proof, we could hear the neighbors above and noise from the floor. They use plastic cutlery at the breakfast which is cheap and a disaster for the environment. I will not come back and avoid the Hilton group from now on.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Safari00661714344, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you dealt with during your stay with us. During your stay do not hesitate to call the front desk and inform the front desk agent about any issue. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your issues during your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future and let us make your next stay even better.

Elena Salgado