“Fantastic!”

Herzog Wine Cellars
Ranked #8 of 40 things to do in Oxnard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Herzog Wine Cellars in Southern California is a stylish and modern winery that is nothing less than au courant. Enjoy artisan wines, five star cuisine, boutique and outdoor terrace.
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I love this place. To be honest, I have only had lunch there. My girlfriends and I come here to celebrate our birthdays and Christmas. The wines, especially the Chardonnay, are delicious. The food is Kosher and delightful. They also have a small gift area which is fun to peruse. Okay, food: the hamburger is great; french fries indescribable! The salads are wonderful! Food is a little pricey; but it is well worth it!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"barrel room"
"american oak"
in 2 reviews
"the menu looked amazing"
"late harvest"
"servers"
"reds"
"california"

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

The tasting staff was fabulous! Met Joe and got to talk about vineyards. I work at a small family owned vineyard so it was fun to talk with someone who thinks outside the box. The self tour was absolutely amazing. I learn thinks about kosher wines. Never knew about them. It was a great experience went home with a amazing chin blanc and a couple pink moscots that my mom loved.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal and did a wine pairing. Even for lunch I thought it was a bit pricey. For example, with a sandwich, fries are extra. Chicken sandwich- extra for avocado or cheese or any other toppings. Service was good. Wines were fine - we didn't end up bringing any home. Tour was self guided and reading. It was a good stop but I personally wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The wines we tasted were pleasant. Nothing jumped out and said, "take me home now!" but you could take any bottle home and enjoy it. It won't make you forget the better wines in; Paso Robles, Napa or Sonoma but if you just want to enjoy a nice winery, with great personnel, then you will enjoy your time at Herzog.
Overall, I would give it 3.5.

1  Thank as4beatles