“Bibimbap”

Sura USA Korean Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 312 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 17 March 2017

My second favorite Korean food place in Oxnard after GEN. I've tried their BIbimbap and I love it. It's a little bit pricey but big proportion.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Interesting food as Korean goes. Never really sure what you will get when you have Korean food. Had a brief shallow introduction to the menu buy our server with a bit of the don't bother me approach but anyway. We ordered the chicken wing app (good) and the Kimchi pan fried omelette (average) then onto entrees I had the Pork and shrimp hot pot that came boiling like an inferno, took 20 minutes to cool down enough to sample and Meh it was OK at best, co-diner had a seafood bowl over noodles and was not real excited about it. Maybe we just picked the wrong stuff as we had been told the food was outstanding? Maybe I will try again but probabley not.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Very good, over flowing with food. I had a spicy chicken meal, came with rice, salad, soup, 4 small sides and a fried bread, service was very good, food was serve hot and fresh, I believe everything was prepared on site, did not feel like it was fixed frozen, very good will go again.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here. The service was terrific and the food superbly outstanding! The atmosphere inside is modern, very clean and welcoming. We started out with homemade yaki mandu, Spouse ordered the spicy pork bulgogi and I ordered the Korean BBQ ribs. First we were served a simple salad with a special dressing. While eating our salad, the mandu was delivered to the table and we could tell each piece was homemade because they were not all uniform pieces. Those delectable little morsels, pan-fried so perfectly, really got our taste buds flowing. As we enjoyed the mandu, radish soup was served next.

Then our entrees arrived. Not only were they appealing to the eye, they flavors were crazy good and accompanied by six small bowls of different types of kimchi; cucumber, cabbage, turnip w/carrot, seaweed, fish cake, and bean sprout. The cucumber kimchi was fantastic as was the cabbage kimchi. It was so good that our server refilled them for us three times! We love Korean food and have been eating It for over 25 years now and this establishment is one of the very best we've found. The price was on the high side, but the taste was absolutely delicious and so worth it! Should we return to this area again we will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We were visiting our son in Oxnard and wanted to try something different. He recommended Sura and having never tasted Korean food, we were a little unsure but decided to try it. The result was surprising and very good. Our server was very personable and made our eating experience a lot of fun. I am a steak and potatoes person, but am always willing to try something, especially if our son recommends it. The food was very tasty and the only suggestion would be is the my wife thought here was a fairly heavy oil grease smell. But she quickly got used to it after tasting the food.

Been to Sura USA Korean Restaurant? Share your experiences!