Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$224
View deal
Hotels.comUS$224
Booking.comUS$224
Residence InnUS$224
PricelineUS$224
TravelocityUS$224
FindHotelUS$224
All reviews golf course dallas cowboys apartment complex separate buildings sitting area definitely stay here again hot breakfast channel islands property suite units inns appliances couch jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Quick and easy check in. The property consists of numerous buildings with 8 units in each. Overall, room was clean. Building could have used some paint. Close to river ridge golf course. This is where the Dallas cowboys have practice and stay here. Kitchen was clean too.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

We are a family of three with a dog traveling from Northern California to San Diego. We chose to stay in Ventura/Oxnard for a few days to explore the area as well as Channel Islands. Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge is one of the few hotels close to the harbor that allows dogs to stay with their owners for a fee. It also provides families like us with lots of space and privacy since all the units are suites and they spread out over the property. We paid the highest rate to get a second floor suite that costs over $400 a night. It's the most expensive stay of our 10-day road trip. We booked the hotel under my husband's name.

When we arrived, my husband was behind the wheel so I went in to the lobby. The man at the front desk refused to let me check in and asked for my husband instead. We complied. The first night went by without further incident.

Early second morning, I dropped my family at the harbor to go on a full-day island excursion. I planned to stay at the hotel to rest, do laudary and plan for further activities. When I returned from the laudary room, took my bags and my dog from the car back to the suite, the door wouldn't open. I put everything and my dog back in my car, and drove to the front desk to report the issue. It was about 11:15 in the morning. The lady at the front desk refused to help because I was not the person on her record. She asked me to ask my husband to call the hotel. I explained that he was on a boat to the island and therefore not reachable by phone. (There was a reason why we were issued two room keys!) I provided our booking confirmation record as well as my driver's license. She refused to help. I was completely shocked and outraged that I was locked out of my room with wet clothes in the laudary room and no access to my food and drink. I ended up wandering the hotel ground with my dog for hours until I spoke with a kind cleaning lady and found out that the problem was actually not my room key but the room door. I called the front desk again to report about the door. Eventually a nice gentleman named Mauricio came to check the door and resolved the issue (it was the lock that stopped the sensor from working). By then it was already past 2pm. My dog and I were both hungry, thirsty and exhausted.

I just wanted to share this experience here to alert other travelers that this hotel management puts corporate policy before guests. They treated me as someone who tried to get illegal access to a room that I actually paid for, but they took no measure to find out who I was. They just let me go and mend for myself.

If you choose to stay here in the future because of the space, location and pet policy, please make sure you give them all the names of the adult guests staying, so none of them will be locked out of their own room like me.

Room tip: The front desk is very far from most rooms, so no need to take luggage out when checking in. Parking is available throughout the property.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HeatheratBay
Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

A friendly staff let our check-in process run smoothly. She recognized my Marriott Elite Platinum status and gave me a complimentary upgrade.

I enjoyed a fire pit in my suite and nice golf courses view from the cafeteria at the morning breakfast and a 6-load hot spa (hot tub).

If you visit Oxnard or Ventura County, CA, this is a nice place to stay with a complimentary parking and a hot breakfast.

Be sure to visit nearby Channel Islands Harbor to enjoy a beautiful ocean scenery.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

This hotel seems to be a converted condo or apartment complex. The main building has a lobby, conference rooms and a breakfast are, but the rooms are in separate buildings. There are probably 20+ buildings with eight or so rooms in each building. The rooms are like mini apartments. I had a second (top) floor king suite with a good sized kitchen, sitting area with couch, desk, and bathroom. You have to carry your luggage up a flight of steps, but no problem there as I only had a backpack and carry-on bag. If you have large bags it’ll be a little work. My rooms was nice with newer furnishings and the kitchen seemed to be recently updated. The TV was large. The couch was comfortable. There was even a small balcony off the bedroom area. The gym was tiny, but it’s Southern California go just run outside or go to the beach! I’d definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Leave your bags in the car when you check-in; you’ll drive to your building/room.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ripcordzz
Reviewed 25 March 2022

Stayed for one night in 3/2022. I am really surprised that this hotel gets away with doing absolutely zero maintenance of the grounds or the hotel rooms. The grounds are disgusting. The rooms smell. The room bathroom/showers are absolutely in need of remodeling. I paid $399 a night which is outrageous for the conditions.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank juliewV278XU
Zainab Bell, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2022

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I understand your concern. I assure you we take cleanliness and maintenance of the grounds very seriously. All rooms are properly cleaned and sanitized. Unfortunately, our renovation was postponed due to Covid. We look forward to making improvements as soon as possible.

Zainab Bell