“Beautiful location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Beautiful location. Friendly staff. Neat & Clean grounds and rooms. Yummy Breakfast. The grounds felt safe & Secure. Comfortable beds. Great patios. A really fun happy hour with drinks and appetizers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Leslie C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

I hope you are having the most wonderful day; you have certainly made mine! Your type of response is what we here at the Embassy Suites strive for. A fantastic and memorable vacation experience that is worthy of a few exclamation points at the end of your sentence! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Leslie C.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We checked in on a Tuesday beginning of November and stayed till Saturday. Everything from start to finish was great! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly from check in to housekeeping to dining. Always saying hello and asking if we needed anything! Room was spotless! Landscaping and gardens are gorgeous! Views are amazing! Front and back! Yes, interior furniture could use some updating and maybe some outside building hallway updating, but this place is so popular the only way I can see this could be done would be to close down one building at a time and even then there would be construction noise. Guests, I am sure would complain. I really don't see a need for it. When we checked in, the first 2 days seemed like we were the only ones there. We watched the staff painting, cleaning, landscaping etc.....On Thursday and Friday I noticed lines at check in, but I also noticed a full staff at the desk! Still with smiling faces helping each guest check in. Walking around the grounds and pools the next days, I noticed people just being slobs dropping empty water bottles and trash where ever they were or throwing them into the gardens instead of putting them in a barrel. Leaving pool towels on the ground by the hot tubs and on pool chairs or pool area and going and getting another, instead of putting them in the pool bins. Leaving food plates and cups by the pool instead of putting them on a table or in the barrels. I watched the staff constantly walking around picking up after people. When we sat by the pool one day I watched the staff refill the towel bin at least 5 times!!! I never saw an over flowing trash barrel or food plates left outside our building doors. I assume we were there during a slow time and could tell the staff was having a hard time picking up after all the lazy careless people that could not place something in a trash barrel, so I am sure during peak seasons it must be impossible for them! The bad reviews I believe are caused by slobs and people that feel they deserve to be waited on! Also the people that complained about their rooms might have booked the cheapest room, which of course would not have a view and probably be the least cared for. You get what you pay for! I loved this resort! The beach view was amazing from room 602. The room was spotless! The staff was great! The breakfast and happy hour were added bonuses! What a great deal for the money and beautiful property! We have stayed in hundreds of resorts and this one has got to be one of the best for view, staff, gardens, and size of room (1 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms! and balcony) Thank you Embassy Suites of Mandaley Bay and staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank condos

I hope you are having a great day! Considering the wonderful feedback provided, I feel the only appropriate response is a great Thank You! I'm so very glad you enjoyed your time and felt inclined to share your kind regards with us. We strive to provide a fantastic vacation experience for all guests and praise our staff when we receive responses such as yours.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Great location, staff was responsive to my requests. Room cleanliness needs work. Food could use a lot of work. Breakfast buffet hot food was cold unless you did made to order omelet. Room service one night value for cost not good. Food cold & appearance not appetizing. Taste ok, but I was pretty hunger when I ordered.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 814nt
TiffanySDavis, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is nice to see you found our team members to be accommodating. I appreciate your comments regarding our F&B operation. I have shared your comments with our F & B Director as we are always working on improving.

Tiffany S. Davis

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is indeed a hidden gem!! the most amazing sunsets, the accommodations and the staff were super sweet!.. even though I was in a business trip I felt as if I was taking a vacation in this wonderful resort/spa. Perfect place for business events, weddings, romantic getaways, surfing ..and why not to visit those near wine towns and outlets?. I wanted to give more than a thumps up!.. the staff makes all the differences, they all were very pleasant and accommodating to all our needs. The location it is indeed a hidden gem and a paradise to those who wish to see the most amazing sunsets!!.. Here are few I need to thank to: Leslie, sales marketing, who sent me a wonderful email after I have done my reservation for the 3.1/2 week stay Jake, the Chef, I wasn't able to see him, but I want to say thanks for the amazing food!! Tanillo, my breakfast always went well, he prepared my omelet the way I like it ! Letty R., supervises the services at breakfast and lunch time, , Letty takes pride and gives great deal of attention to all t guests's needs and makes sure we all are taken care appropriately. I am coming back for sure !!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank W1631LRanap

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review. Glad to see you were able to squeeze in some fun on your business trip. I have already shared your comments with Leslie, Jake, Letty and Tanillo. We all are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Have a great week.

Tiffany S. Davis

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Poor service on broken items with no resolution had to call up to 4 times. Bad quality of sofa mattress and furniture is old and stained. Property location is beautiful and stay would be good with proper maintenance and service

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Leslie C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

While I am saddened that your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach wasn’t as memorable as we would hope, I am grateful you’ve taken time to provide necessary feedback. I do understand your frustration for the areas we fell short in during the course of your stay. I do apologize as this is certainly not a true reflection of the service the entire team strives to provide.

Leslie C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
9.7 km away
11.3 km away
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
12 km away
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!