6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$402
Booking.comUS$402
ZenHotels.comUS$425
2,896 results
All reviews ocean front parking garage beautiful resort happy hour mandalay beach beach view omelet evening reception full bathrooms great beach family vacation free breakfast santa barbara waterfall valet tubs california
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022

I hate leaving poor reviews especially when I know a property to be beautiful. However, my most recent stay at this location was horrible. As another review stated, we too were charged for a ocean view room and did not receive one. I completed the survey sent by the hotel and was given 10 Hilton honor points. Really? I paid almost $600 dollars to sleep in a room where the whole hotel is under construction, I was told our room was ocean view, we had to navigate through the parking garage to the reception area. Parking was $63 with NO VALET. No internet in my room. One of the TVs did not work at all. No ironing board. I can hear my upstairs neighbor "walking" around at 5:00AM, or maybe is was workers upgrading the room above us?....who knows, but it's definitely NOT worth $600. Hilton's response to give me 10 points is a slap in the face. Keep your points. Stay away until the construction is completed which is supposed to be around September. Even then, I would reconsider since company as big as Hilton would be so insensitive to all the bad reviews. The almighty dollar is more important than a guest experience.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank JSkogen
Sophia Frohnmayer, Guest Services / Front Office at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2022

Dear JSkogen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very sorry about the challenges during your stay and that we did no meet your expectations in resolving your challenges.

Reviewed 3 May 2022

The hotel is under construction. I requested and paid for a room with a beach view but I did not have a beach view. I hoped for a relaxing day at the pool but heard banging and loud machinery all day. The hot tub was cold. Not worth $785. Not coming back.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Soapy812,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear about the challenges during your stay with the remodel and the hot tub temperature and that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 April 2022

Upon making reservations through the Hilton website and using points it look like a very nice place to stay. Well when we got there we noticed that it was deeply under construction. The signage and the traffic and trucks and people made it difficult just to get into the location. It really wasn't up to a embassy suites brand or a Hilton brand at the current time. My wife and I were very disappointed with a number of things. But I will say the staff was very friendly and helpful when we interacted with them the Hilton phone key worked fine and the location is beautiful but the construction really takes away from wanting to stay there.

Upon arriving it was a little difficult finding the location because a sign that was pointing us to our room have been torn off the wall. We had to ask directions several times unfortunately and going there there was a lot of damage to the walkways I tripped and almost fell over on one disruption in the concrete walkway. We were able to use the pool because it was crowded and it just didn't feel right using a pool with a construction fence around it. We took advantage of the breakfast one morning unfortunately the pancakes were so undercooked I felt they couldn't be eaten. The choice of beverages was extremely limited and although I can tell they were trying to make sure everybody had a good time it was pure chaos in the room while they were serving breakfast. If you're concerned about the current pandemic avoid this area.

Now to the room the room was a bit weird. The kids confusing part is is that they had a sliding door that opened up into a courtyard they overlooked a waterfall that was over the top of the parking garage. It was nice to hear the water flowing but once I close the door the doors did a good job of cutting that noise out but anybody who walked by and talked you could hear everybody walk by and people were walking by being very loud till probably 1 AM. This goes for the hallway as well there's a huge gap in the door where sound comes in and you can hear everybody's conversation coming and going in because they use tile and carpet tile and carpet you get to listen to peoples conversations as they walk all the way down the hall unfortunately. So if you wanna go to your room and relax it's a little difficult.

Moreover I don't know what was happening but there was people upstairs making a lot of noise and moving around a lot it sounded like people were going to fall through the floor there was creaking popping in loud metal sounds being made throughout the day and through most of the evening. My wife even commented on a couple of times.

The bathrooms both look like they were renovated nicely but many things were not paid attention to you you can tell that the process they use to renovate the bathrooms was more about lipstick than substance. You can see where they left the pencil lines at the hinges of the shower door. I am referring to the bathroom as you first walk in it has a nice shower but you can open the door all the way because the towel rack that's attached to the door bangs into the tile I will include pictures here below. So that was a little shocking when I was trying to step out of the shower and finding the door bouncing back into my face.

The other issue about the bathrooms is they have some sort of sensor that goes off when you're taking a shower about five minutes into your shower which is dangerous because there's no light of the door is closed and it's hard to see where to turn the light back on and you could slip and fall very easily.

We ended up having to leave a light on in the living room and leave the door open and then when the light went off yell to each other to let us know that we need the light turned back on. Personally I think this is a huge oversight.

Access to the facilities. The overall facilities and layout are in severe disrepair the gates the doors the concrete floors the walkways are all in need of serious renovation.

Let's get to the good stuff again the location was wonderful right on the beach. The overall room was nicely appointed kudos to the big screen TVs. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice.

Amenities

The Wi-Fi was a little iffy and I had no cell service in my room for some reason.

The towels were nice and available plenty of them.

I did provide a refrigerator that was cold and quiet.

Area with the refrigerator etc. it was nicely appointed and easily to store stuff if you wanted to bring stuff in the room to have snacks etc..

The question is when we stay there again it's difficult to know if we would it's a great location but it seems like they're using a lot of lipstick to cover whatever this resort was before it was in severe disrepair. Anyways my wife and I agreed that we probably won't be back and feel sad that we had to use so many points for this facility that promised so much and delivered so little. I would call them to make sure that they are done with their restoration I would say it's at least a year out.

Room tip: The ground floor rooms are not good as the people above are easily heard and it's annoying.
Date of stay: April 2022
Sophia Frohnmayer, Guest Services / Front Office at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Dear Leith S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and provide us such a detailed review. We are very sorry to hear about the challenges during your stay and that we did not meet your expectations due to the construction. I can assure you that we will address your feedback with our teams to ensure the remodel does not just feel like a lipstick applied.

We hope to welcome you back again soon once we have completed the renovation.

Reviewed 6 April 2022

Rooms were great and you could walk out the patio door and be on the dunes in 100 steps. Great free breakfast with omelet station, etc. That said, the place is torn up so much that getting to your room, getting to checkin, getting to breakfast is all a trek thru construction debris, trash and poor signage. Do Not Go Here until they finish the work. They do not give you any lower price for all that negative experience either.

Room tip: First floor suites can directly access beach in the right buildings.
3  Thank Captcanuk

Dear Captcanuk.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

This hotel is under construction. This was not made known during the reservation process. It is not being kept up--the carpets are FILTHY, there is peeling paint, trashcans are overflowing, and the pool is barely usable due to big construction barriers.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank 606Suzanne
Sophia Frohnmayer, Guest Services / Front Office at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2022

Dear 606Suzanne,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear about the challenges during your stay and that we did not meet your expectations due to our current construction. We will review your feedback in order to improve our guest experience.