US$211
  • Breakfast included
US$80
US$77
Hotels.com
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura(Oxnard)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$317
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Oxnard Inn(Oxnard)(Great Value!)
US$211
Cancelon
US$508
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Never been to such a dive in my life. These people Sharman and Norman are like out of a horror movie. First of all there I no ice, second they have bed bugs. They have homeless people living in the bushes and a homeless man living I a cardboard box by there laundry too. The only positive thing the have going for them is there help. There help has to be the only asset they have there.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladymrs57
Reviewed 24 July 2015

The hotel could be a really cute, retro place but attention to detail isn't there. I liked the red/white/blue color scheme but the whole exterior needs repainting. The reception area had a lot of interesting elements (the big mirror and the art work) but was cluttered, dusty and uninviting. There is assorted items piled up around the parking lot and walkways. In the rooms, the paint on the walls doesn't match in places. In the "renovated" room there is a curtain rod but no curtains. The blinds do not operate properly. The tile in the bathroom was cracked, the vent fan in the bathroom was coated with dirt The grouting around the tube looks like a child did it.The room itself as far as housekeeping was clean. But, when I got up in the middle of the night, there was an uninvited guest (roach) and as you know where there is one there are more. I booked a "deluxe" room. It was suppose to have a micro/fridge. No fridge was in the room. Went to the front desk and inquired. They did bring one into the room. The room is a little dark with only the bathroom lights and one bedside lamp.
The internet connection was really slow for some reason and reminded me of when I used to have dial up connection. My own internet card worked fine.

The good things about the hotel: the wood floors were nice. Very nice towel. The micro and fridge both looked new. Nice new TV and dresser. Air conditioner though old fashion, worked well. The room was a nice size. It is close to the beaches etc.

Like I said a little attention to detail and it could be a really quaint hotel and worth the price.

However, the place was full. For my short visit there, it seems there isn't much choice in low to moderately priced accommodations.

I don't think I would stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor unless you can't climb stairs. Too noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2015

We stayed at the Regal before, but this time our room was renovated and designed like a nice hotel room. When we walked in the room we said 'wow', and I am really picky. This motel has gone through a lot of changes, new furniture and wooden floors, you can see how clean it is and it has more of a designer look. The bed is a platform bed so you can see the that the bed and floor underneath is clean. The mattress has some tight wrapping around it to keep it clean, so no worries there. We walked barefoot on the wood look floors, it's good to be able to see what you are walking on. The black dresser is my favorite. I told the people at the desk, who remembered me, how much we enjoyed the room.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been traveling the length and width of California fir 6 weeks attempting to relocate here from the East Coast. I have stayed in every species of hotel/motel from the "W" to International Travel Hostels in northern CA. Motel 6's and Super 8's, Good Nite Inns and Vagabond Inns, Best and Worst Westerns and on and on. Not ever have I found something as unique and charming, as well as luxuriously appointed as the Regal Motel run by a family whom I know as brother and sister Norman and Sharman, totally nice, coniderate, helpful and understanding people one rarely, if ever, runs into in CA. Their rooms are appointed with new furnishings, stylish, comfortable, cool and "home-like." Their rates are incredible and what began as a one night stay has morphed into a month-long base from which I roam California looking for my ideal home. The Regal Motel beats what I've seen here -- and I've seen it all -- and it belongs in Malibu rather than the deceptively charming coast town of Oxnard. Don't miss this gem no matter where you go in California. You'll live in luxury and save a ton of money, not to mention be mothered and fathered by Norman and Sharman.

Robert

Room Tip: Sharman and her brother have recently remodeled so the rooms look like the "W" and "Four Seasons" but cost less than Motel 6
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank robert23h
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Quality, cleanliness, friendliness, and service was above and beyond my expectations. Probably the best lodge in Oxnard.Staff is very attentive, helpful, and ethical in the way they handle the business. I really enjoy conversing with the staff. Norman has gone out of his way to make sure that everything was going to be okay. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: April 2013