Centrella Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$162
  • Pool
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$140
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$141
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Hotels.com
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$111
Travelocity
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$161
Travelocity
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Orbitz.com
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$129
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary glass of wineb bcookiesbed and breakfastbelgian wafflesgarden roomquicheboarding houseclaw foot tubtwo blocksthe cottagescannery rowwine hourold victorianmade to order breakfastbay windowbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stopped in Monterey on a California road trip, and Centrella Inn turned out to be a great choice for a one night stay- thanks, Trip Advisor! The Inn is housed in a charming Victorian building in Pacific Grove, just a couple of minutes down the main street from Monterey. Nicole at the front desk was lovely, giving me a good rate for a last-minute reservation. The room and bath were simple, but clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The delicious breakfast was made to order downstairs in the morning, and using their offer on Yelp!, I got a free bottle of California cabernet sauvignon on the way out. I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Honey G, Manager at Centrella Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

It was a pleasure meeting you. You have such a warm friendly smile.

We strive to be a soft place to land after a long day of traveling, and based on your nice review, I would say we succeeded.

I know Monterey is a long way from home for you, but I hope you will consider us your home away from home the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is our 3 year to stay at this charming Inn. Walking distance to many very good resturants. The staff is so helpful. Full very good breakfast. No TV in rooms, 3 stories with stairs only. Garden cottages, and patio. A cozy place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Your group is always a pleasure. We look forward to hosting you each year. I can't believe that it has been 3 years now. I certainly hope to see you all next year as well.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Two blocks from Lover's Point and the bay, one block from shops and restaurants. Quiet location, "quaint" and comfortable. We stayed in a separate cottage (thank goodness because there was a large gathering of friends staying in the main house). Nice hot breakfast, small portions, but tasty. Wine and snacks in the evening; hot beverages available 24/7, and...hot chocolate chip cookies at 8pm! Evening staff was extremely helpful and courteous - couldn't have been nicer! Very TINY tv's, but adequate - we didn't go there to watch tv. Nice patio for relaxing when the weather is a little warmer. Quality toiletries were provided. Decent value. I look forward to my next stay there.

Room Tip: If quiet is important to you, ask if a large group is booked before booking a room in the main house; if so, ask for a cottage.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous review. Our evening staff is wonderful and they love to spend time with our guests. They appreciated your kind words.

If I remember correctly you were here during our Movie group gathering. They are a spirited bunch and have been staying with us for years. I am glad our garden cottage was able to be your refuge during your stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share. Can't wait to see you all again.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Booked a cottage which was quiet and cozy. Smallest tv possible so not a place to watch the game! Nice breakfast and glass of wine in the evening. Staff pleasant and the neighborhood cat (Bandit) visited us often for a nap.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

You gotta love Bandit. He and his buddy Grace love to visit us at the Centrella. They get spoiled by all the love from our guests.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I certainly hope we will get a chance to host you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband surprised me with a wonderful getaway beginning in San Francisco, then off to Pacific Grove, and then back home. I have always visited Monterey in the past but never stayed in Pacific Grove. We stayed at The Centrella for two nights last week and boy was it a wonderful experience! Great location as well!

When we arrived, we were greeted by a very sweet woman (her name escapes me). She checked us in and briefly described some of the "ins and outs" of the Inn. They serve wine and snacks every evening, you get a delicious full breakfast every morning, and to top it off some wonderful freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!

The wine and snacks were good. They had a wine selection from a winery called Salmon Creek I believe it was? Breakfast was cooked to order and was very delicious! They had a variety of choices from waffles to quiches and from cereals to breads that you can toast yourself with cream cheese, jellies, or honey.

The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The sweetest women I have met in a long time. And to the staff member who keeps up with the garden...I tip my hat off to you! The garden is absolutely beautiful! My only "grumble" or concern was the fact that one of the mornings for breakfast, one of the staff members was very "scatterbrained" so to speak. She seemed very lost and disorganized like she was unaware of her surroundings. I feel bad for the poor woman as it seems as if she had a little substance problem. It was a little tacky.

The building is quaint, charming, and beautiful! Floors are a little creaky but what would you expect from a building that was built in the late 1800s. The decor was very Victorian style which gave it its charm.

We will definitely be returning to the Centrella in the future. Maybe we can try out one of their cute little suites.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Honey G, Manager at Centrella Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

You will make us get swelled heads with all those words of encouragement. Thank you.

Our maintenance guru Rene is the one responsible for the beautiful garden. He works very hard and it shows in the lush colors and wonderful treats through out the courtyard. Did you get a chance to meet Peanut the squirrel or Bandit the neighborhood cat? They have become family to us.

I do apologize for your unease regarding one of our staff members. She had recently had some oral surgery and had an adverse reaction to her medication. Once we identified the problem it was remedied immediately with proper medical attention. I do appreciate your concern regarding the matter.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you will come see us during Christmas and enjoy an explosion of holiday cheer.