My wife and I stayed at Asilomar Conference Grounds for one night at a rate of about $118 including breakfast. The location in Pacific Grove is on state property next to the ocean. You have to walk across a boardwalk in sand dunes and cross a road to get to the beach. There are deer on the property.
This is not a deluxe property in terms of rooms or food. It is not camping as you have heated rooms and nice beds and bathroom..they just are of older design with some updating. You go for its location and quietness in a forest like environment next to the ocean. Rooms are old fashioned but quite acceptable, at least the one we had. It was bigger than many hotel rooms I have stayed in. Our room had a porch with chairs. Amenities are minimal.
Breakfast is a buffet style and served as you walk through a line. Typical scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes along with fruits and cereals. Coffee is on table and you have to ask for tea. You sit with a small group of independent travelers. Around you are also people attending conferences at their own tables. Food is only average. I would not buy lunch or dinner here, which is an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel