“Horrible Booking and Cancellations!”

Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages
Reviewed 11 October 2017

HORRIBLE Customer Service!! I email and tried to cancel this stay over 7 days out. I received call from the hotel the day of the stay saying that the stay was not cancelled and that the only to remove the charge was to dispute with my credit card. The manager on duty later found my email in his junk mail, but still would not refund me. At this point I have had to dispute with AMEX for the last two months.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Santhosh S

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This adorable Inn in perched up one block from the beautiful Monterey coast line! The rooms are outdated but definitely fits the vibe of the location. Staff was very accommodating! Upon arrival I asked for suggestions on a good place for dinner that wouldn't be too touristy and Alex recommended that my husband and I try the Fishwife restaurant, which is located just down the street from the Inn. We love the idea of not having to travel through unknown streets to get to the restaurant. Fishwife has delicious food and drinks! We enjoyed our stay so much that we have already booked another stay for November!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to travel to Monterey and San Francisco over Labor Day Weekend to escape the heat, but both locations were experiencing abnormal temperatures in the 100s. Unfortunately this quaint little motel does not have air conditioning or ceiling fans in their rooms and bungalows and they keep their outside lights on all night. So even if we opened the door and window (which we did) at night to cool our room down, the lights kept us awake. I would recommend that that this establishment install ceiling fans.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I read the reviews before I went, so paid particular attention to the attitude and helpfulness of the staff. I had no problems at all with the two I encountered -- they were courteous and helpful. The lawns were great for our small dog who could run around (plus easy access for middle-of-the-night), and it's just a short walk to Asilomar beach. Not cheap, but that's the going rate for the area. Some of the furnishings were dated, but the kitchen came with utensils and some dishes. All in all, it worked out very well.

Room Tip: The king room with the pull-out couch plus a roll-away bed still left space to move around.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RiverRaftingMom
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have been coming for years to this venue. It's quaint and lovely.

However, this time we encountered cranky staff. Very unfriendly. People come to Pacific grove for vacations. Smiles are nice to encounter when you check in.

Also, we wanted to stay more than one night and found a good price through TripAdvisor. We called to see if the hotel would honor it and save the 10% booking fee They have to pay. They were not interested in talking to us at all. Odd.

Upon checkout we asked if there had been a change of ownership and the long behold the hotel had been sold in the last two months.

Sad development. We have found a new hotel to stay at. I really don't like to encounter cranky people.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple