All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursefull kitchentime sharewalking trailsliving roomthe grilltop floorenclaves poolsplash padthese unitsthird floormarriott vacation clubwashing machinemovie theatergreat resortpool view
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Clean, well maintained, responsive, well trained, friendly staff...nice place. I stayed here in March. I loved the pools. I was rehabbing from a broken foot and hip so I couldn't do much but the pools (they had many...adult and kiddie) were well maintained and warm enough (I hate cold pools unless it's 95). No pool was under 82 degrees. The snack bar had some good healthy food and some fun not so healthy food. The bar tender (Victor?) made a good drink and was super helpful. Food service around the pools is sparse but it exists. I'd go up to the bar, give them a starter tip, and tell them to keep it coming if you want a lot of attention. I didn't so I was fine but I was never approached by pool service. The restaurant on site was solid. The activities offered were fun. Our room had a little kitchen which was great for making breakfast and afternoon snacks. The bed was typical Marriott perfect. Maid service does not come everyday as it's a condo setup but you can pay extra and get it. This was just a really good place. I will definitely come here again for a relaxing fun time around the pool at what seems an amazing price. It's not easy to get a room here however so book early.

Stayed: March 2018
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Troy, thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor! Broken bones are not fun, but we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to the resort during your rehab. We look forward to your next stay with us at Shadow Ridge!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Marriott’s Shadow Ridge is a beautiful resort, with a spectacular golf course and people - love staying there!! The course is always in great shape and I have played different times of the year for nearly 5 years now - never a disappointment. The resort is top notch!!

Stayed: November 2017
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you, Jody! It's great to hear how much you love your visits and the team at Marriott's Shadow Ridge. We hope to see you again for another top notch stay!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Spent a week around the Easter holiday with family and grandkids in a two bedroom villa. Great room accommodations and amenities, everything you need to cook a family feast or just munch. The grounds are very well kept and the entire staff is very friendly and responsive to your needs.
Several pool varieties and locations for adults, kids and both. Fantastic activity center for the kids with lots to do and their are adult functions as well typically at the clubhouse.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

There is nothing like a full kitchen on vacation! Thank you for your review Gary and for visiting us over the Easter Holiday. We are happy you had such a great time and do look forward to seeing you again at Marriott's Shadow Ridge!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Big resort and wonderful for families

The condo units are large and well equipped and maintained. Use Marriott points if you can. There are three pools and a good kids program as well as movies. The grounds are well kept and the golf course is a good challenge

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your review, Robert. It's great that your family enjoyed the resort, especially the amenities. Please visit us again at Marriott's Shadow Ridge!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I usually try to write good reviews for great businesses who take care of their customers. In this case, I have to provide a sad warning for visitors. On Saturday, March 31 , 2918, I stayed at the Marriott Shadow Ridge for the holiday weekend with my family. I am an Elite Marriott Vacation Club member and do understand they were completely sold out but there is no excuse for poor customer or the prioritization of emergency service responsiveness. I was drying my hair with the Marriott-provided hair dryer and it caught on fire, yes FIRE. Sadly the built-in emergency shut-off switch did not work nor did the hair dryer off switch. I had to quickly figure out plan B, in a panic as the bathroom filled with chemical/electronic smoke and fumes, I pulled the plug from the wall before my hand and hair caught on fire. I called the front desk, customer service several times to report the fire and to file a defective hair dryer complaint but the line was busy and I was placed on hold for several minutes each time. When I inspected the room phone, there was NO number printed on the phone to call for an emergency. The whole place could have burned down and Marriott would not have responded (after a few days of bewilderment on why nothing was done, I wonder if this is by Marriott design to deny culpability). I spoke to the 2 maintenance men who were fixing the snake head pond in front of building 4100 and one of them laughed when I told them of the hair dryer fire. I drove a mile away to inform the front desk, and after waiting for 20 minutes the manager came out said he was sorry and he would replace the hair dryers and would call me back later to file a report. The maintenance manager, Chris Leary, gave me his number and said he would take care of filing the loss report and replace the room hair dryers. I called him, call went to his voice mail and no response, period. Just as I figured, lip service and no report was filed. Probably to avoid any insurance reports for negligence on this this incident. If Marriott is not able to appropriately respond to emergency service calls, then the management needs to hire more people to respond to customer issues, else don’t book the rooms.

Warning: if you plan to stay here, the hair dryers are defective! Bring your own. Also, don’t expect the front desk to respond to ANY emergencies. Call 911 yourself. Here is the number for the fire department on Country Club, 760-346-3335. Don’t rely on the Marriott to help you, they are essentially useless and inept in emergency situations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Marlene, we are sorry to hear about the incident that happened with the hair dryer in your villa. It certainly sounds unnerving and we are glad to hear you are okay. We do recommend dialing 911 immediately if you experience an emergency in your villa. That way, emergency services will be able to respond to the situation as it occurs. You are welcome to contact our customer care team directly at 800 936 6824 and a member of our team would be happy to follow up with you.