“Good Mexican Food in a Pinch”

Los Pepes Mexican Grill
Ranked #94 of 297 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017

It's a smaller restaurant but offers big flavors. Good menu and authentic fare. The bar has only a few seats, so not much of a bar scene, but the maggies are hand crafted and good. Beer is always cold and the service is always with a smile.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Los Pepes recently advertised on local TV, so I thought I'd give it a try and hoped it would be really good. Unfortunately in my estimation it wasn't. First, the Mexican decor is very nice and the waitress who took my order was very accommodating and helpful. I ordered a strawberry margarita, and a taco and enchilada with rice and beans. It came with the usual chips and salsa. The salsa tasted mediocre and definitely out of a can or jar, not house made. I ordered the frijoles del dia and they were fresh and excellent. Not so the rice, which was dry and tasteless. The taco was quite small, but was okay. The cheese enchilada was not too tasty and also was very small. The price was quite reasonable, especially with a senior discount which I didn't even ask for. The margarita needed more time in the liquifier, because lots of the ice was still too large to get through the straw. I love Mexican food and wanted Los Pepes to be at least good, if not great. I want to give it another try and I will. I think the cook just needs a little encouragement to make some improvements and corrections that are really rather simple and easy to make. It's one thing to advertise to get new customers, but it takes good food to get them to return and become regulars. I'd love to be a regular, and I'm hoping my next visit will indicate that the owner wants also to see me again and again. In a couple of weeks I'll be there again and I hope I'll be able to improve my rating.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Los Pepes is a smaller restaurant, clean and inviting. What I love about Los Pepes is their serving size, low salt and clean ingredient food. They have smaller servings BUT I really don't need large servings especially at lunch time then heading back to work. I don't leave there feeling stuffed but just right. I also love that they use clean ingredients and not heavy with the salt. Their crispy shredded beef taco is really crispy and the shell is perfect in that it does not fall apart on the first bite. Guacamole is delicious as well as the cheese enchilada. Priced right. Areas of improvement: service - they are not very attentive to filling empty glasses, seating - I have seen people wait a little too long to be seated. Give them a try!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

This is a simple setting with a wide selection of really good burgers. They also serve a good fish taco, the wine is good and cheap, and the service efficient and cheerful.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon Los Pepes just as we came into town and wanted a quick, late lunch. What a great find! Good margaritas, chips and salsa served as soon as we sat down (offered more when they were empty too!). The lunch menu had a Seafood Quesadilla on it, 2 of us had it and thoroughly enjoyed it! Quick service, we were the only table BUT still good. We'll be back for sure!