“Oh Yeah Mojitos and Cuban Sandwich”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #7 of 289 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: El Paseo & Larkspur Lane. El Paseo Courtesy Cart available for free transportation to the shops along the paseo.
Description: Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I were able to sneak away and go to Tommy Bahamas for the first time. one of my favorite sandwiches other than Norwegian BruShiva is the Cuban sandwich or the Cuban moon sandwich.
Tommy Bahamas offered authentic Cuban mojitos and authentic Cuban sandwiches with fried Platanos. I really don't think I need to say more then this place rocks.

Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

We have eaten at 5 Tommy Bahamas over the last 10 years frequenting them a few times each year. This visit was the worst we have ever had due to horrible service. The waitress "Kelly" treated us blatantly worse than her other tables. We are not sure if it was because we had kids with us or if she determined that our bill/tip was not going to be worth her time. We had to pour our own waters, ask for steak knives, hunt other servers down for bread, and wait forever to get the check which she dropped on our table without even speaking to us. The food was good as always but if this was my first trip to TB it would've been the last based on the unacceptable level of service.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

This has to be one of the best restaurants in Palm Desert. The reason I say this is because first the food is excellent, staff are great and the atmosphere is just relaxed and it is not pretentious as some other places in the desert are.

I was there last year and took a picture of a starter I had, then went back several months later and the starter was not on the menu, so I showed it to the waiter and he knew it straight away and it arrived. How many places will do that this is just excellent service. So when ever I am in Palm Springs Desert it is a must go to place

Reviewed 21 May 2015

Many think of T. Bahamas primarily for food, but our experience was that their restaurant food was quite good and interesting, as well. One of our party had a kalua pork sandwich, with blackberry brandy BBQ, crispy onions, Asian slaw, and sweet potato mofongo ( mashed sweet potato, mango, and plantain). Summary: Tasty, well-prepared each item.

Another had coconut shrimp, with papaya-mango chutney. This diner, who orders coconut shrimp whenever it is on a menu, felt this serving was good, not great, because it was somewhat too dense and oily for this diner's taste.

Side dishes included a potato-cauliflower mash, excellent, and a hearty risotto, with apple, and a tad heavy on the garlic.

Chelsea of the wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive.

This was an altogether fine lunch.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

The atmosphere was very nice. The food was better than I had expected. I had the fish tacos and they were very good, although a little on the skimpy side. My husband had the hamburger and said it was good. Our friend had the crab salad and it looked very good.