“STEAK and SERVICE A plus experience worth the cash!”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 297 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Pablo Avenue
Reviewed 25 June 2018

A buddy and I escaped for the weekend to Palm Springs and had an amazing steak dinner at Sullivan's. The decor is very Steak House classic with leather, dark wood and well appointed in every way. The first think I noticed was how very knowledgeable our server was. I regret I don't remember his name. His recommendation for the wine was spot on and he brought me a small sample to try first. I really loved my ribeye with a fantastic sauce...the potatoes and wild mushroom sides were also fantastic. The steak was cooked precisely to medium rare as requested. A word of warning. Most places will cook medium rare as a medium, but Sullivan's actually prepares it pretty pink, so watch out if you don't like your steak that rare! The creme brule for dessert was classic with a great crusty top, nice and crunchy with the perfect creamy custard beneath...If you want a classic steakhouse this is it!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Are steakhouses loud by definition? The food was very good. The portions were ample. We were feeling that our table was being "rushed" but because my chicken had been way undercooked, the manager comped my entire meal, which I did not expect and for which I am grateful. Having to wait for a cooked chicken breast, also changed the pace of the meal and we had time to enjoy the lovely space with wonderful lighting. Fully cooked, the chicken breast is absolutely, delicious. My partner's steak was very good, also.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Had drinks here at the Happy Hour before going around the corner to dine at Pacifica (see separate review). Extensive drink menu, bar bites, very knowledgeable and friendly female bartenders. Live music, good local crowd. Didn't try the food, but have eaten at a few Sullivan's steakhouse restaurants before, so know it would be good.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place starting with an attentive staff. Great steaks, we enjoyed filet mignons after wedge salad and Cesar salad and the chocolate molten cake was outstanding. Nice ambience and noise level acceptable.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

While visiting friends in Palm Desert, we had dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. There were lots of food choices and the wine list had good offerings. The ambience was pleasant and the wait staff very personable. This is the third time I have eaten here and found it to be consistently excellent.