All reviews sweet life social hour steam room other guests west wing happy hour roma suite owners and staff clothing optional place new friends make your own waffles gay men continental breakfast cocktail hour quiet neighborhood places in palm springs each morning
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Just returned from spending 6 days at La Dolce Vita. This was our first time in Palm Springs and we couldn't have picked a better place to relax and unwind. We stayed in one of the Roma rooms, which face the pool and has a private back patio area. The room was very clean and was a nice size. The bed was extremely comfy! The complimentary breakfast was a perfect way to start the day...coffee, juice, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, make your own waffles...it was great. The resort is located in a cozy neighborhood, so it is very quiet and peaceful, yet, it's close enough to the downtown area that you could walk if you want (maybe 15 mins) which we did a lot. There is also a free downtown shuttle stop right around the corner if you prefer. One thing that made the resort so special is the staff. Ken, Tim and the rest of the gang all were so friendly and nice and the recommendations we received from them for things to do, restaurants, bars, etc. were all spot on! And sitting around the pool talking with Ken, hearing stories of the house's history was awesome! Everyone at La Dolce Vita helped to make this one of the best vacations ever. We will definitely be back, and will continue to make La Dolce Vita our Palm Springs "home"!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank James F
LaDolceVitaResort, Owner at La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for the beautifully written review... We are so happy that you selected our desert oasis for your first visit to Palm Springs. and that you want to make us your Palm Springs home. We are so flattered. Gosh... We are all looking forward for you to come back "home" whenever you can make it. Big hugs, Ken, Tim and the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Do you ever need to get away to just relax and chill? This is the place! I was in much need to escape from my everyday life and just relax on a solo trip and La Dolce Vita Resort did not let me down again. I am a returning guest since I had such a great time the previous trip to La Dolce Vita. The overall service from check-in to check-out is full of friendly and caring people. The owners always take time to chat and help with any friendly tips about Palm Springs. The staff is very accommodating and considerate of when your room is cleaned to not disturb you as well as do a great job! The room had a wonderful view of the front pool with clean and fresh sheets and towels. I loved the option of the 2 pools as I search for shade since I am a redhead and keep out of direct sunlight. The owners even moved an umbrella by the end of the pool for me to provide shade for me while in the pool - that was so nice. The on-sight spa was wonderful, I did not have to drive anywhere to get a EXCELLENT sports massage, one of several types they offer and as well as other services. The location is excellent to get around town and only 2 blocks from the free bus ride into downtown from the resort. Everyone I met around the pool were all so friendly and nice. The parking is off the street parking and never an issue to find a spot. There is a limited breakfast and happy hour! Thanks to everyone at La Dolce Vita for making my much needed vacation so wonderful.

Room Tip: They have rooms with private patio's and kitchens as well.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank joeybarberry

Such a wonderful review. I know if I read it (I did) I surely would visit La Dolce Vita. We'd move an umbrella for you anytime!!!! We are looking forward to your next visit. Big Hugs! Ken, Tim and the Team.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

While visiting Palm Springs for my annual COACHELLA music festival trip, I decided to book into a recommended gay men's resort. La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa is located a short drive or uber ride from the main downtown area of Palm Springs in a quiet neighborhood. The facility has a couple of swimming pools with most rooms having doors opening out onto the pool area. It's a beautiful setting with the hills in view and comfortable areas to relax around the pools. A complimentary breakfast is included in the cost of your room. To be clear, it is a limited breakfast offering coffee, juices, fresh fruit, toast or bagels or breakfast rolls, make your own waffles, etc. Not elaborate but nice it is available. Perhaps the best part of La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa is the staff....from your hosts to all of the staff....all are very friendly and accommodating and wanting to make your stay as pleasant as can be. It is important to note, this is a "clothing optional" resort so be comfortable with that atmosphere as many partake of the option. I would recommend La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa if you are visiting Palm Springs and want a nice place to stay or relax. It's an older compound but well maintained and well run and has off street parking.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank gregb511
LaDolceVitaResort, Owner at La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you Greg for sharing your experience at La Dolce Vita. We truly enjoy meeting new people and introducing them to our other guests. We believe excellent customer service can make a world of difference. Over the last 13 years we have had thousands of guests returning to our desert oasis, time after time. How lucky are we!!! Until next time, Big hugs, Ken, Tim and the boys!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at La Dolce Vita. Beds were comfortable. The room was clean and cool. Wonderful staff, and we met awesome people. Pools and spas were great! It was our first time in Palm Springs, and first time staying here. Definitely will return. Thanks Ken, Tim, and Staff for making our vacation great. See you soon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M

Thank you Robert. It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for choosing "The Sweet Life". Hope to see you soon. Big hugs, Ken, Tim and the boys!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

La Dolce Vita was an amazing place to stay. It was nice for the owners to take the time to speak and get to know us. All the other guests were nice. We met a lot of people from all over. To all East coast guys consider taking a direct flight to San Diego or Los Angeles, even Burbank and rent a car. It will be well worth it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review Robert and Peter. The best part of our job is getting to know our guests. We are blessed that we have such wonderful guys who come to visit. The number of east coast visitors has increased tremendously. Sometimes we feel like we are on vacation with you. Such fun!!! Until next time, two big hugs. Ken and Tim and the boys!