“beautiful grounds”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Desert Paradise Gay Men's Resort
Reviewed 19 April 2008

We stayed at the resort for over a week and enjoyed every minute. The grounds are emaculate and provided lots of areas for relaxing and tanning. Most of the lounge chairs have comfortable pads and all are covered with towels. The pool is keep at a pleasant temperature and the jacuzzi is terrific, all open 24 hours. The night time lighting of the grounds including the chandaliers is very impressive. It's very secure with cameras on the parking areas and the gates are locked at all times. The breakfast room was stocked with all the things one could want and was open til 11am daily. Sitting by the pool or on the chairs provided outside our room with our coffee and muffin was a morning ritual. The one bedroom suite we had was fantastic with a private patio through french doors in the bedroom. We were surprised at how clean it was even though the kitchen could use some updating. The kingsize bed and updated lighting was a plus. The atmosphere at this resort was extremely friendly thanks to the hosts Dale and Ron both of who were more than helpful in offering directions to anywhere we wanted to go. We would definately recommend this resort and will stay there the next time we are in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blast8

Reviewed 14 April 2008

Of all the places I looked at within Warm Sands, Desert Paradise seemed to get decent reviews - and deservedly so.
If you are going for abit of fun round the pool, this is not the place for you. It is a calm, beautiful, relaxed retreat.

I had read not so favourable reviews for the more cruisy places - i..e great for an afternoon but you might not want to stay there if you want to relax. During an afternoon visit to one of these places confirmed this!
So if you are looking for somewhere clean, safe, relaxed and very friendly I highly recommend DP. Ron and Dale are very helpful and friendly.
One of the previous reviewers got angry because he lost his keys and they had to charge to replace them all. It is precisely because they value their guests security that they did this. The location btw is very safe.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank smileybonce
Reviewed 20 March 2008

Nicely furnished, small, personable gay resort hotel with pool, hottub, steamroom, sauna, breakfast room. Clothing optional makes for total relaxation. The superb hosts, Ron and Dale, were wonderful. Ron was a personal concierge to all guests and made everyone feel special and "at home" by giving lots of personal attention. I highly recommend the Desert Paradise for your next relaxing get-away to the refreshing, sunny, and warm desert climate.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2007

I found Desert Paradise (DP) to be a pleasant stay. The rooms were a bit pricey, but tastefully done. The landscaping was amazing to say the least. It was vibrant with life all around (which I tend to enjoy). Nothing quite like falling asleep to any one of a number of waterfalls just outside my room.

I didn't like the idea that I had to pay an additional $10 to get wireless internet access when even the cheapest of motels now offer that for free. I was also a bit crazy about the keys. Quite a cost to replace them. I can understanding having to re-key the locks...but we're talking three doors maximum...not quite worth the $500 fine.

I don't have much of a comparison since DP was the first gay resort I ever stayed at...so whoever reads this will have to take what I say at face value and with a grain of salt.

With that being said, I did enjoy the peace and serenity the place offered. There were parts of me that enjoyed being there just because it meant being away from work/family/friends and having a good time. On the other hand I wanted there to be a bit more going on than what the hotel offered. I mean, R&R is great but I would've preferred a place with slightly more energy.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank Mindbender37
Reviewed 30 November 2007

I stayed at Desert Paradise in November 07. I was a bit of a squeaky wheel before I even arrived. After booking this property I researched and found another property close by with slightly mixed reviews that offered a free 7th night. I had been contemplating cancelling my reservation; however, I decided to stay at Desert Paradise because of the terrific reviews online. The manager Ron is a great host with a terrific A plus personality. I wish he was there my entire stay. The property is nice with nice landscaping throughout. In my opinion the landscaping is too busy for a small property. My room was dark almost cavelike. I think some of the larger plantings should be removed so that the rooms could get more sunlight.. The bathroom could use updating and the shower head dripped all night long. I had to point the shower head up to stop the dripping and close the bathroom door. The vent in the bathroom was very dusty. The beds were very clean with clean sheets. No bedspread which is nice. I really enjoyed the breakfast each morning. An assortment of bagels yogurt peanut butter.

I was paranoid about losing my room & safe key. I was informed by the manager that each were $250.00 dollars to replace. So i had 2 keys $500.00 on my keychain if I lost them. This rule seems a bit severe. I guess this is good for security reasons; however this didn't make me feel more at ease during my stay.

I tried to cancel 2 nights off my stay earlier in the week to meet some family however this property is way to strict with their cancel policy. Even though it looked like half the rooms were empty on the days I wanted to depart...

I think it was a good place however I would not return here.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo