Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$207
US$169
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

7 Springs Inn & Suites(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$69
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Hotel Zoso(Palm Springs)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$92
US$85
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$97
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$109
  • Pool
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$108
US$89
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

The Westcott(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$185
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$275
  • Pool
All reviewsother guestsbette midlersmall problempresidential suitelucille balloutdoor showerenglish muffinsrooms are cleanrelaxing staygay menice machinebeautiful landscapinglarge poolwalking distance to downtownlow keydaleclothing
Reviewed 14 April 2008

Of all the places I looked at within Warm Sands, Desert Paradise seemed to get decent reviews - and deservedly so.
If you are going for abit of fun round the pool, this is not the place for you. It is a calm, beautiful, relaxed retreat.

I had read not so favourable reviews for the more cruisy places - i..e great for an afternoon but you might not want to stay there if you want to relax. During an afternoon visit to one of these places confirmed this!
So if you are looking for somewhere clean, safe, relaxed and very friendly I highly recommend DP. Ron and Dale are very helpful and friendly.
One of the previous reviewers got angry because he lost his keys and they had to charge to replace them all. It is precisely because they value their guests security that they did this. The location btw is very safe.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank smileybonce
Reviewed 20 March 2008

Nicely furnished, small, personable gay resort hotel with pool, hottub, steamroom, sauna, breakfast room. Clothing optional makes for total relaxation. The superb hosts, Ron and Dale, were wonderful. Ron was a personal concierge to all guests and made everyone feel special and "at home" by giving lots of personal attention. I highly recommend the Desert Paradise for your next relaxing get-away to the refreshing, sunny, and warm desert climate.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2007

I found Desert Paradise (DP) to be a pleasant stay. The rooms were a bit pricey, but tastefully done. The landscaping was amazing to say the least. It was vibrant with life all around (which I tend to enjoy). Nothing quite like falling asleep to any one of a number of waterfalls just outside my room.

I didn't like the idea that I had to pay an additional $10 to get wireless internet access when even the cheapest of motels now offer that for free. I was also a bit crazy about the keys. Quite a cost to replace them. I can understanding having to re-key the locks...but we're talking three doors maximum...not quite worth the $500 fine.

I don't have much of a comparison since DP was the first gay resort I ever stayed at...so whoever reads this will have to take what I say at face value and with a grain of salt.

With that being said, I did enjoy the peace and serenity the place offered. There were parts of me that enjoyed being there just because it meant being away from work/family/friends and having a good time. On the other hand I wanted there to be a bit more going on than what the hotel offered. I mean, R&R is great but I would've preferred a place with slightly more energy.

1  Thank Mindbender37
Reviewed 30 November 2007

I stayed at Desert Paradise in November 07. I was a bit of a squeaky wheel before I even arrived. After booking this property I researched and found another property close by with slightly mixed reviews that offered a free 7th night. I had been contemplating cancelling my reservation; however, I decided to stay at Desert Paradise because of the terrific reviews online. The manager Ron is a great host with a terrific A plus personality. I wish he was there my entire stay. The property is nice with nice landscaping throughout. In my opinion the landscaping is too busy for a small property. My room was dark almost cavelike. I think some of the larger plantings should be removed so that the rooms could get more sunlight.. The bathroom could use updating and the shower head dripped all night long. I had to point the shower head up to stop the dripping and close the bathroom door. The vent in the bathroom was very dusty. The beds were very clean with clean sheets. No bedspread which is nice. I really enjoyed the breakfast each morning. An assortment of bagels yogurt peanut butter.

I was paranoid about losing my room & safe key. I was informed by the manager that each were $250.00 dollars to replace. So i had 2 keys $500.00 on my keychain if I lost them. This rule seems a bit severe. I guess this is good for security reasons; however this didn't make me feel more at ease during my stay.

I tried to cancel 2 nights off my stay earlier in the week to meet some family however this property is way to strict with their cancel policy. Even though it looked like half the rooms were empty on the days I wanted to depart...

I think it was a good place however I would not return here.

3  Thank Billy1115
Reviewed 21 November 2007

This was my first stay at this resort and it won't be my last. This resort is truly PARADISE and THE WHOLE PROPERTY IS REALLY CLEAN!!!

Dale (the owner) and Ron (the manager) attention to detail and cleanliness is unmatched.

Reservation Experience- Excellent. Made reservation via phone. Given Conformation # and received a follow-up E-mail which included arrival and departure dates, room #, rate/night, total $$ including all taxes. (Nice! –NO surprises) I was contacted about a week (via E-mail and phone) before arrival to confirm my estimated time of arrival.

Check-in and Check-out – Excellent – Flawless. Since this was my first visit, I was given a short orientation of the property and my room. They also have a resort channel that continually repeats useful information about everything you could possibly want to know about the resort. (Like how to adjust the thermostat and ceiling fan, office hours, emergency phone #'s ,breakfast time, etc.) Between my personal orientation and the resort channel all my questions were answered.

My Room - I was in the one of smallest room offered (Room 12- Mae West Room) . It was spacious and comfortable.

Bed- California King- Comfy

Room Amenities - Microwave- Coffee maker (with coffee) –Refrigerator –Plates -Cutlery -Can opener- Cups- Ice bucket -Microwave popcorn. 27" TV with basic cable and 15 Adult channels- Clock radio, Remote controlled ceiling fan- dimmable bed lights- Writing desk –Full size iron and ironing board- Wall safe- Phone- Fully adjustable thermostat for central air conditioner (powerful but quiet)-Wood plantation shutters that did a very good job of darkening the room- Quiet ( I had neighbors on both sides of me and heard only occasional muffled sounds)

Linen- Top Quality sheets-Nice large bath and pool towels-All linen were very clean – (NO mystery stains)

Bath- Large –Well lit - large 2-man shower with adjustable height shower massage –adjustable magnifying shaving mirror- top quality toiletries -Hair dryer

Resort Staff- Friendly- Easy going- Efficient- Very knowledgeable of Palm Springs

Resort Location- In the heart of the Warm Sands resort district. It's within easy walking distance to downtown and its many fine restaurants. A Ralphs Grocery is located a short .7 of a mile away.

Resort Grounds & Amenities- Landscape is Lush- Tropical- Beautiful flowers everywhere – Mountain views- Numerous water features- Very nice night landscape lighting including a chandelier suspended between two palm trees- Nice soft music can be heard throughout the grounds –There's a BBQ for your use- Plenty of comfy lounge chairs- Fire pit - picnic tables-The heated Pool is salt water based( very body friendly). - Steam room – Sauna- Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzis temperature was so comfortable you could stay in for long periods of time without overheating

Breakfast- It is self service between 8:00 and 10:00 AM. Have as much as you want.

Other Guests - The majority of the guests during my 6 day stay range in age from the 40's to the 50's. About 70% were couples to 30% singles. All men over age 18 are welcome to this no attitude resort. During my stay there was a group of 4 guys in their early 20's. At first, they were a little shy, but soon were cavorting and interacting with the other guests. Us "OLD" guys really enjoyed their youthful exuberance. The sexual atmosphere is rated as low. If you want a highly charged sexual atmosphere, this is not the resort for you. Suggestion- If you want to experience both a quiet relaxing environment as well as a highly charged sexual one- Stay here for the relaxing part and get yourself a day/night pass at one of the other sexually charged resorts located around Palm Springs.
Stay at Desert Paradise -Play at ____. The property is clothing optional in all areas. I'd estimate it was 50-50 as to those wearing a swimsuit to those who went nude.

Website - Easy to navigate-Lots of information- You can check out each room via a 365* panorama camera.

David