All reviews other guests small problem outdoor shower presidential suite lucille ball rooms are clean relaxing stay gay men ice machine beautiful landscaping large pool walking distance to downtown low key dale clothing cher grounds
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Desert Paradise Resort Hotel is a true gem in the desert. Great rates, a wonderful staff, very spa like and peaceful surroundings, a fantastic heated, salt water pool, and lastly, a great location. You won't go wrong at Desert Paradise!

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tmantic
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Staff very friendly, good standard of accomodation all set in peaceful, pleasing grounds. Great little getaway!

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My partner and I were new to the "Clothing Optional" scene, and also had never been to Palm Springs.
We were welcomed and made to feel at ease immediately. Between Dale and Ron, we were made to feel like very special guests. We enjoyed them and looked forward to seeing them each day.
We made friends with many of the other guests and had many a pleasant morning, afternoon, evening, night, late night around the pool.
We were so happy with our experience, we have booked again for Memorial Day weekend.
In addition to the wonderful service, the garden-like setting around the pool is beautiful and relaxing.
We were there for 5 days and never once heard a complaint from any of the other guests. Only compliments. Many had been there before and were regular visitors, others, like us, will become regular visitors.
Hats off (optional) to Dale and Ron.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OaklandJim
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We just returned from staying here. We changed resorts due to all the negative things we heard about Innexile. Desert Paradise is a nice resort. the grounds are very nice. There is grass and landscape and trees. It is a very calm resort. There were few guests out and about and very little socializing. Tranquil music plays low on speakers throughout the day. If you are looking for a very quiet spot that is reasonably priced and clean. Then this is it! I would have liked to have a little more activity at a resort I am staying at. Maybe it was just the time frame. The owner and staff were often present and very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I have been coming to Palm Springs on weekend visits for years and have never stayed at The Desert Paradise. It has a great central location in the Warm Sands area so when I went to their website I saw that they had rooms called The Doris Day Suite and The Liz Taylor Suite and The Bette Midler Suite, so I kind of backed off. I figured that it would be a bunch of old queens singing showtunes in their caftans. Anyhow, curiosity finally got the better of me and since I had a quick business trip out here, I figured I would pack up my caftan and practice my showtunes and check it out.

I was extremely surprised. It's actually a pretty sophisticated property, the grounds are well manicured and the whole layout is just right for a nice getaway. I got a good rate on The Doris Day Suite and was a little scared of what I'd find in there, but the room was actually really sweet. There must have been a recent renovation, the finishes are all well done, with a new wetbar/kitchen area, new fixtures in the bathroom and great touches throughout (free microwave popcorn, sweet!) Doris remained an oiled presence over the bed, but that was about all the room had in common with her.

Also the property has a nice sauna and steamroom as well as a jacuzzi and pool. They serve a better than average continental breakfast as well. I was only there for 1 night but I did appreciate the sincere greeting from Dale and the service with a smile from the other staff.

All in all, don't let the gay icon themed suites scare you off of this place, this is a keeper and I'm glad I tried it out. Will return soon.

Date of stay: February 2010