“Nice Hotel to Relax”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Desert Paradise Gay Men's Resort
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The host, Ron, was incredibly nice, very flattering and went out of his way to make me feel welcome. The grounds were immaculate and the salt water pool was warm and inviting. The continental help-your-self breakfast was great for me (tho I don't generally have more than coffee for breakfast). I'm not sure how to describe the decor or style ... brown stucco, mid-century, burgundy awnings ... it was a bit eclectic. The best part is the chandelier hanging high between two palm tress... at night, while swimming, it's great to look at.

The room (I was in the Betty Davis room) was average. The lighting was good because of the dimmers, the bed was average. The bathroom left much to be desired. There was mold in the grout, an ugly vent in the ceiling... not pretty. The walls are thin and my neighbor left his TV on all night so i spent most of the night listing to it too.

All the quests were very friendly and sociable. When I was there most of the folks at the hotel were in 50s and 60s maybe one couple in their 40s.... So a late middle age crowd and some bears too. It all made for a place that was easy to relax.

I was unable to stay on Saturday night because there was no vacancy (and I made my reservation the day before I arrived). Ron was incredibly nice and found me a room at La Dolce Vita, which also turned out to be a great place too. La Dolce Vita was bigger (2 pools) and, while I was there, had a younger middle age crowd 30's and 40's. Both are fine places and would be happy to stay at either one.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank agv1972

Reviewed 9 April 2010

Desert Paradise Resort Hotel is a true gem in the desert. Great rates, a wonderful staff, very spa like and peaceful surroundings, a fantastic heated, salt water pool, and lastly, a great location. You won't go wrong at Desert Paradise!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank tmantic
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Staff very friendly, good standard of accomodation all set in peaceful, pleasing grounds. Great little getaway!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My partner and I were new to the "Clothing Optional" scene, and also had never been to Palm Springs.
We were welcomed and made to feel at ease immediately. Between Dale and Ron, we were made to feel like very special guests. We enjoyed them and looked forward to seeing them each day.
We made friends with many of the other guests and had many a pleasant morning, afternoon, evening, night, late night around the pool.
We were so happy with our experience, we have booked again for Memorial Day weekend.
In addition to the wonderful service, the garden-like setting around the pool is beautiful and relaxing.
We were there for 5 days and never once heard a complaint from any of the other guests. Only compliments. Many had been there before and were regular visitors, others, like us, will become regular visitors.
Hats off (optional) to Dale and Ron.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OaklandJim
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We just returned from staying here. We changed resorts due to all the negative things we heard about Innexile. Desert Paradise is a nice resort. the grounds are very nice. There is grass and landscape and trees. It is a very calm resort. There were few guests out and about and very little socializing. Tranquil music plays low on speakers throughout the day. If you are looking for a very quiet spot that is reasonably priced and clean. Then this is it! I would have liked to have a little more activity at a resort I am staying at. Maybe it was just the time frame. The owner and staff were often present and very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple